Went To Mountain Bound Hounds And Came Home

I went to Mountain Bound Hounds in Gatlinburg Tenn. and ended up leaving before any events really started. I could not take the heat and the humidity. I had brought my two hounds 5 & 9 with me. On Saturday night I was sitting with the 5 year old who has a pretty bare butt and back legs. I noticed red spots in his inner thigh and around his penis. He has about 15 or so of them. My 9 year old who has thick hair has about 7-8 on her back inner thigh. They do not seem to be bothering them and are not itchy at all. What could this be and do I need to take them to the vet?

I thought they might be chiggers but I read that they would be very itchy and my dogs aren't paying any attention to the spots at all. The spots do not look as red as they did on Saturday night.

I went to Mountain Bound Hounds in Gatlinburg Tenn. and ended up leaving before any events really started. I could not take the heat and the humidity. I had brought my two hounds 5 & 9 with me. On Saturday night I was sitting with the 5 year old who has a pretty bare butt and back legs. I noticed red spots in his inner thigh and around his penis. He has about 15 or so of them. My 9 year old who has thick hair has about 7-8 on her back inner thigh. They do not seem to be bothering them and are not itchy at all. What could this be and do I need to take them to the vet?

I thought they might be chiggers but I read that they would be very itchy and my dogs aren't paying any attention to the spots at all. The spots do not look as red as they did on Saturday night.

Probably gnat bites. There is a actually a little article on this here. :)

The gnats were pretty bad in the park at times. It's probably bug bites.

Sorry we didn't get to meet. It was hard to figure out who the GT people were.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I'm thinking bug bites. Chiggers or ticks you would see. Chiggers aren't much different in ticks when you look at them and you have to remove them the say way you do ticks. Probably those awful little no see ems. They're tiny but man when they bite, at least on me they leave a bump just like a mosquito does.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee