Need A Soft E-Collar Quick!

Guest FireHorse

Guest FireHorse

We went and picked up our new foster this morning (introduction forthcoming) and found that somehow, he'd managed to shuck his collar in the hauler box. In the process, he peeled the back off of his right ear, and tried to do the same to the left. One quick trip to the vet later and he's got stitches in both ears.

Obvioulsy, he needs to keep his feet out of the vet's nifty sewing, so he's in a lampshade for the duration. I'd love to find one of the soft collars (not the bite-not) for him, by apparently my google fu is weak today. Can any of you fine folks point me in the right direction?

You can make one with a towel and some tape... I'll look and see if I can find the thread.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

I couldn't find the thread but here is a good video of it. I don't know that it would keep the back feet from scratching the back of the ears tho...

http://videos.wittysparks.com/id/1051098842/

Edited by kamsmom

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest FireHorse

Thanks, guys. Amazon also has Comfy Cones (I think Amazon has *everything*) and it'll be here Monday.

Hubby took the cone off last night because it made him such a colossal clutz, and he was right there to watch. So far, he's been keeping his feet out of them altogether, so I have hopes that the comfy cone will be enough protection.

Guest PhillyPups

Awww, poor baby, what a rough start to retirement for him. He is lucky to have ya'll to take care of him with love.

Good luck and give that boy butt scritches (can't give ear scritches yet) from us.

:hope for fast healing :hope