What Is Your Daily Schedule?

Guest breakxdownn

Guest Stripeyfan

6.30am - breakfast & meds, then out to potty

8am - walk (25-30mins)

11am – meds (with a snack to get 'em down)

1.30pm - lunch & supplements (Kelly has suspected IBD and we find he does better when we split his feeds into 3 per day)

4pm - walk if it's not too warm (30 mins)

5.30pm - dinner & meds

Walk sometime later if it's too warm to go in the afternoon

Potty breaks are fairly frequent as Kelly's on pred (he does usually 'ask' to go out) with the last one about 12.30am. Longer walks at weekends and on days off now he's feeling better (had to stop these for a while). Stuffie-killing sessions whenever the mood takes him! :lol

Depends on the season as Enza is SO not a warm weather dog or if I have a life that week. Also note that as I live in a condo, she is leash walked for everything.

6:00 - Up and out for a quick pee (and everyone gets to see my PJs) followed by breakfast.

7:00 - out for a 30 min walk.

7:30 - I leave for work.

anytime between noon and 2 - dogwalker comes for 15 min walk

5:30-6:30 - Home and either long walk (30 mins) if the weather is nice or quick in and out followed by dinner

If I am home that night, we tend to go for another walk/race around the park/drive out for a hike around 8ish or so because I love walking - that can be an hour or so.

10-10:30 - last turn out or last long walk if it's summer.

Guest GreyRabbit

My schedule is pretty similar to those above, we both work M-F days so it's pretty much the same with a walk in the moring and right after work. My guys seem to turn their food around and do a #2 within 45 minutes in the morning (hope that is helpful and not TMI!).

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who leaves them home during the day. We try now to have someone stop by mid day every day because Cosmo isn't very good about holding it for longer than 5-6 hours.

Thanks for asking this question, it was helpful as a rather new grey owner to see what everyone else is up to!

Can't help you. I have a dog door and I free feed so they just make their own schedule except for walks. Has worked great for 8 years.

As far as waking up they get up when I get up which is between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. depending if I'm working (or have worked) day or night shift. On my days off and when I work days we've been going on walks around 7 or so, but that will probably push later as it starts to get hotter out. If I work nights and don't have to stay to the bitter end we go for a walk when I get home -- usually around 11ish. If I close and get home at 1 a.m or so we skip the walk that night.

...they do get two small meals of canned around 1 a.m. and 1 p.m. or thereabouts when Poodle gets his insulin shot, but it is 1/2 can split between them.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Guest NeroAmber

Schedule is a little different at the moment, but before some recent changes (and what it will go back to) it went as follows:

6:30 Walk, 20 -30 mins

9:00 Breakfast

12:00 Lunchtime walk, 20-30 mins

clean up poop in garden

some obedience training in between

(and garden potty breaks)

clean up poop in garden

19:00 evening walk with The Boss, 1 hour

21:00 dinner

22:30 last garden potty break then bed.

Nero got into the swing of things very quickly. He still poops more than any other animal I have ever seen though. He's a real poop machine. Amber, unfortunately, is following suit in that respect!

Edited by NeroAmber

5:30: Penny begins extensive grooming session while I cover my head with a pillow.

6:00: Up for breakfast and a walk. I do the morning walk, and Penny works on her loose-leash walking, coming off of distractions and sitting when we stop.

7:00: Back to bed for Penny, to snuggle her dad (he works evenings) while I get ready for work.

11:00: Penny and her dad stagger out of bed and into the yard.

12:00: Lunch, followed by napping and playing with toys.

3:00: Afternoon walk. Her dad takes her and Penny works on .... um.... her self-determination. :rolleyes:

5:00: Houndie hand-off as I come home from work and my partner heads out. Out in the yard for zoomies.

7:15: Dinner, and usually some quick training.

9:00: Quick trip out to the yard, teeth brushing, then into bed to snuggle.

12:00: Penny gets a midnight snack after her dad gets home, then they relax with a cup of tea and another trip outside before coming to bed.

Image removed, not within Signature Guidelines.

Guest dwolfe711

All times are approximate!!

6am - Out in the yard for potty - DH feeds breakfast

8:30am - Out one more time before I go to work

1pm - Out for playtime and potty when I come home at lunch - and then treats!

5pm - DH home from work - out for afternoon zoomies and potty

7pm - I feed dinner - usually all go out for potty afterward

10-11pm - Out one last time before bed - hopefully no overnight outs!!

6am - Start over again!! :rolleyes:

We keep a similar schedule on weekends but, of course, we're mostly home during the day.

We do walks when we can.