Medicines (Ugh)

Guest Energy11

Yes, they can be used together. I'd go ahead and give a Pepcid AC or generic, if you have it, to help the tummy. I always give that with Deramaxx or antibiotics.

Good Luck! Hope we feel better soon!

Guest Energy11

Thanks. Tramadol and Pepcid are in the system. Hopefully he will lay down soon. sad.gif

Hoping he will lie down and relax soon, too! Give him a GENTLE hug for us!

It's been an hour, and no change. He is getting tired, and has tried to lay down, but when he does, he squeaks in pain and gets back up. :(

I gave him 2 50mg tablets of tramadol, which is what it said on the label. Shouldn't he feel better by now? This sux.

Cathy & Calvin (DOB 9/18/13). Always missing my angel Robin (Abdo Bullard).

Guest Energy11

I wouldn't give anymore for a while. SOMETIMES Tramadol makes them irritable. Maybe a call into the vet or Evet would be appropriate right now. Maybe he/she would suggest something like Valium to calm him down?

Good Luck, but, it might be worth the call. Sending hugs and prayers!

Edited by Energy11

I'd get him in for an x-ray -- not an emergency but next day or two would be good. Can't really diagnose arthritis just by looking/feeling.

Hopefully he's just strained his neck/shoulder/leg and will be feeling a bit better by morning.

Sending hugs and hopes your boy is feeling better soon.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I wouldn't give more than 100mg in a dose without checking with a vet.

I think the rimydal takes a couple days to see the full effect so if it's new that's your problem. The tramadol should act pretty rapidly.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.