I'm Worried - What Would You Do?

Yeah, our vet said an ultrasound is the next step. In her vet visit 6 weeks ago, she tested with some elevated liver levels (I can't remember the value), but it was very minor and our vet didn't recommend doing anything about it at that point. Yesterday and today have been kind of a nightmare in terms of getting her to eat anything - and today, the very paltry amount she did eat is gone because she vomitted about 45 minutes ago.

I already left a message with our vet on what to do next. I'm just at a loss. I've tried so many things, my husband wants to force-feed her now and that just breaks my heart...I want her here, but I can't stand the thought that she is in pain and miserable. :(

Guest Samantha
:goodluck Fingers crossed for your girl. When our greys were off there food my dad always used to try them with sardines, i think it was the smell that got there appetite going. Sending love and hugs :beatheart

My last dog 'Angel' when she was towards her last couple of months in CRF would also nose the dish over when she didn't want to eat. They're just saying: "I really don't feel like eating, take it away please." They don't understand that they have to eat to keep going and so if you do have to syringe feed it will be because you are giving your dog every chance then you are doing nothing wrong and certainly not anything to be ashamed of. You haven't said if its CRF (and I hope it isn't) but whatever is going on would appear to be making your dog nauseous. You can ask the vet for anti-nausea medications and also give Antepsin (Sucralfate). Slippery Elm bark is a natural alternative. . I hope your vet can find out exactly what is going wrong and do something to help cure the symptoms.

Try some green tripe t if your dog won't eat anything normal. Angel would sometimes take a little Manuka honey on some soft brown bread, other times cat food. Anything to keep them eating and give them a chancce.

Good luck. John.