Advice Please

Guest dobiegrey

Guest dobiegrey

Ok, I live in Florida, the big bug capital of the country!!! Well the last couple of nights I have seen a roach in my kitchen and it truly grosses me out, but I am soooooo afraid to use bug spray in the house now that I have Betty. Do any of you have your house treated professionally bi-monthly? Besides taking Betty out for a couple of hours until it is fully dry what else can I do to keep her safe? Thanks

Lou

We live in NC, so lots of bugs here, too! We have our house treated quarterly by a local company that uses "low-impact" natural and/or organic bug spray. It's basically plant-based spray that is as close to non-toxic as we have found. It even smells okay, not like chemicals. The dogs have never had any issues with it, even when we have to keep the windows closed (though I normally open them for a little bit, even when it's cold/hot here).

You might want to look for a similar service in your area. They also gave us tips on our to "bug-proof" our house to discourage bugs from getting in to begin with, which was nice. :)

We use a non toxic / organic peppermint spray that works too. It is very heady- keep the windows open.

I often get headaches from it- it's very strong.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

The stuff they typically spray for roaches isn't toxic to dogs once it's dry.

My old dog and all my cats survived many a treatment in my old basement apartment in Boston!

Ask to see the labels if it makes you feel better!!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Guest EmilyandSioux

We use diatamasious earth. IT is cruched exoskeletons from bugs. You can get it at a plant nursury or feedstore. You can work it into the carpets with a stiff brush so you don't vaccuum it up. You can use it in there beds and it won't hurt them.We used in until we moved and had the house built with all tile. We still put it in their couch and beds and the rugs in the house. IT is all natural!! The most important thing is it is cheap.(or used to be)

Guest MyBoys

I just saw an ad on TV for a new Raid bug spray, it is a "green" product so I assume it is pretty much safe. I don't know what is in it but you probably find it in a store and read the lable.