Need Advise- Isis Won't Eat And Was Vomitting

Guest tumeria33

Guest tumeria33

Isis was fine yesterday morning. We took her for a long walk at noon and then we went to her doggie friends house to let her run in his fenced in back yard. She ran hard for a few minutes, drank some water and then we walked home. She was obviously tired from the hard run and fell asleep in her bed. Several hours later she started to vomit. It was a yellowish foamy vomit that contained grass that didn't have much of an odor. She vomitted about 5 times throughout the early evening. She refused her supper. After her last evening walk before bed, she did accept a small treat which she threw up about an hour later along with another vomit episode a few minutes later. She still wouldn't eat this morning and her stomach is making all sorts of weird noises. She was alert on her morning walk but hasn't had a bowel movement in over 24 hours and she also didn't urinate very much- especially considering that it was her first walk of the day. I'm worried and feel we should take her to the emergency vet(although it is very expensive and time consuming) Alex feels we should just let her rest today and take her to our regular vet in the morning if she isn't better by then. Granted she doesn't seem to be in any pain which is good. She was sniffing around a bit this morning as well. Opinions? Suggestions? Advise?? Thanks!

The amount of times she vomited might mean she has something in her that shouldn't be there. Do you recall her eating anything other than grass? I realize E-vets are expensive however this may be serious. Are her gums a good colour? Have you tried palpating her tummy? Will she let you? I realize you say she doesn't appear in any pain however pups have ways of not showing it unless you touch/press on the exact area.

I usually play safe than sorry and go to the E-vet. If she had eaten this morning, I wouldn't, but it seems like whatever the problem is still bothering her.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Vet.

If she didn't pee much she's probably dehydrated and needs fluids at the very least.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I have to agree with everyone else, vet time.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest meakah

Could she have gotten into anything during the big walk or the friend's yard? She could be having a toxic reaction to something. Or, she may even have a blockage of some type. Because the vomiting has persisted for so long, I would opt for a vet visit. Either of the above can be very serious...better to be safe than sorry. Please update when you can....

Guest tumeria33

Isis has finally eaten and it seems to be staying down! (fingers crossed) She went out for a potty but still no poopy. After potty she did eat a small dog cookie and 2 bison jerky treats. No long walks today. We wathed her the whole time she was out on the walk and while she was playing. We were thinking maybe she ran too hard and too much. She really over did it. We are going to keep a close eye on her. She did let me poke and prode her tummy and there was no reaction. Her gums looked pink. She doesn't seem restless or aggitated and she will perk her ears up when she hears her name or the cats walk by her bed. If she gets worse or throws up again, we will be off to the vets. Thanks everyone!! Will keep you posted.

Maybe too much exercise at once that she's not used to.

Glad to hear she's just about back to normal. I would keep a check on her to be sure she's not dehydrated. Do the skin test, that should tell you.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest tumeria33

Isis is OK. She is eating, drinking, pooping, peeing and has normal energy levels. She did give us a scare though! She actually did go on a walk this evening with one of her doggie friends, Kiera. She was all tale waggy and her happy normal self. Still have no idea what she got into or what happpened to her yesterday, but it seems to have worked it's way through her system. Her poop was normal and I didn't see anything strange in it. My thought was that maybe she ate grass that was treated with a weed killing chemical or something like that. I'm just relieved she is OK now.