Hello From Westchester County

Guest Fluffy

Guest Fluffy

Hello and welcome! I've got a Badger too, and his favorite nap spot is the couch. Actually, it's now known as "Badger's couch" and is covered with a regular sheet in the warmer months and a flannel sheet in the cooler (well, for California!) ones. Wishing you many happy years with your Badger!

How cool! And here I thought there could be no other Badgers because really, who names their dog Badger? :lol

Hello and welcome! I've got a Badger too, and his favorite nap spot is the couch. Actually, it's now known as "Badger's couch" and is covered with a regular sheet in the warmer months and a flannel sheet in the cooler (well, for California!) ones. Wishing you many happy years with your Badger!

How cool! And here I thought there could be no other Badgers because really, who names their dog Badger? :lol

Exactly! :P

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

Guest UESBrindle

Hi Karen and Badge! Welcome to the board!

I'm in Stamford, CT so probably pretty close by-- let me know if you'd ever want to meet up for a weekend walk!

Elizabeth & William

Guest Javagirl

Hi there,

Welcome, from D.C.! Your boy is gorgeous! It doesn't surprise me that Badge slept so much, I think dogs do that when they are stressed out. Ladd alternated between sleeping and giving me the stink eye for a week when I first adopted him and I was positive he hated me and I was the worst dog mom on the planet despite reading every greyhound book and obsessively monitoring his every move! He was just stressed. He was playing and roaching before I knew it.

I'm originally from Kingston, in Ulster cty and lived in Queens & Manhattan for several years. We adopted Laddie from Greyhound rescue and rehab (GRR) in Cross River, Westchester. If you are interested in attending some meet and greets or some play dates, I highly suggest you get in touch with this great group of people who are in your area.

More pictures please!

Kristyn

Guest Fluffy

Hi there and welcome!

Our girl Bunny is a half sister to Badger. They have the same daddy! If you'd like to see pictures of her, there are a lot on our blog. http://houndstooth4.blogspot.com/ If he has half her personality, you're in for a wonderful ride!

Oh! I've been reading your blog since someone pointed you and Bunny out upthread, but I didn't know you were on GT! Bunny and your other greys are all sorts of adorable, but I'm developing a soft spot for her fine little face, especially ;)

Guest Fluffy

Hi Karen! Too bad we didn't meet - we adopted KT Britta (Bella) from GFNJ on the same day :)

Ooh, another GFNJer! We probably passed each other at some point in the kennel yard - I know Britta/Bella was still there when I was taking Badger for his test-drive walk. Miss Bella's gorgeous in her pics on your blog - I think I'll be adding you to my RSS feed :D

Guest houndstooth4

Hi there and welcome!

Our girl Bunny is a half sister to Badger. They have the same daddy! If you'd like to see pictures of her, there are a lot on our blog. http://houndstooth4.blogspot.com/ If he has half her personality, you're in for a wonderful ride!

Oh! I've been reading your blog since someone pointed you and Bunny out upthread, but I didn't know you were on GT! Bunny and your other greys are all sorts of adorable, but I'm developing a soft spot for her fine little face, especially wink.gif

Yes, I am, although I often find myself getting sucked over to Facebook these days. blush.gif I'm glad you've enjoyed the blog! I have a soft spot for her fine little face myself. It's so great to meet another of her siblings! I predict many happy years ahead for you. Bunny has just been so sweet and easygoing from the beginning!

Edited by houndstooth4