Treatment For Small Cuts And Scratches

How do you treat minor cuts and scratches that bleed some at first but seem to be healing OK? My yard has no grass--all smooth river rock, somewhat sharp lava rock, and large stepping stones. It is also a small yard so my female hound doesn't really get a good run in it. From time to time, however, she'll race for a squirrel and scrape a leg or pad. The other day she tried to climb the tree after a squirrel and fell, putting a small gash in her back end and scrapes on her leg and paw. I cleaned the areas and applied Neosporin and also spray the areas with antiseptic every day. Everything seems to be healing fine. What do other owners do for such minor cuts and scrapes?

Spud, nicknamed "Swiss Cheese" because he has another cut or scrape nearly once a week now gets treated with EMTGel spray, it seals the wound and helps it heal, it also has a bitter taste to discourage licking. Hard to find locally unless you have a Tractor Supply Co. nearby, I ordered it online.

spud_karma_sig.jpgmed_gallery_2551_3357_5098.jpg

Ivon, Spud, Karma & Sasha

Missing Darla (05-22-96 03-01-2010)

Guest Houndie

Is the EMT gel that is specified equine any different than that used on dogs? We do have a Tractor Supply, but I wasn't sure if the stuff they carry is safe for dogs, so I have just ordered a different brand online.