Question About Foster Girl.....

Guest jettcricket

Guest jettcricket

I noticed over the weekend that my little foster girl Holly has something on her eye. You can't really notice it indoors but the sun was shining on her beautiful little face and I noticed in the corner of her left eye there's like a milky swirly film. It's pretty significant too. It takes about a 1/4 of her eye. I've had Holly for some time now and I'm normally pretty observant and never noticed it before.

I did contact Make Peace as they are very good about seeking medical attention for our dogs. But I was just wondering if anyone knows what it could be....she's acting totally normal and it doesn't seem to bother her even the bright sun shine.

I just hope it's nothing that can affect her vision and it's something that can be easily treated.

TIA!

Edited by jettcricket

Guest jettcricket

A friend of mine sent me a link to pannus...I did go down and google, but there were so many diseases I stopped looking. huh.gif

So with this link it does look like it could be pannus. I'm taking her this Sat. to my vet to have it looked at. If so, he can treat it.

Thanks for all the well wishes....she's such a doll baby and oh so cute.

A friend of mine sent me a link to pannus...I did go down and google, but there were so many diseases I stopped looking. huh.gif

So with this link it does look like it could be pannus. I'm taking her this Sat. to my vet to have it looked at. If so, he can treat it.

Thanks for all the well wishes....she's such a doll baby and oh so cute.

She may need to be seen by a veterinary opthomologist. A lot of vets aren't all that good at recognizing eye problems and may overlook something. A lot more expensive so worth seeing you vet first, but I would keep it in mind.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest jettcricket

I did tell that powers that be about Holly and apparently she does have pannus. Little Holly is a return and Make Peace did a full eval on her to make sure that she was healthy, which she is except for her pannus. Apparently when I got her back into foster care the vet did not give me her medication. So.....Make Peace contacted them and they will send me the medication that little Holly needs to have. Obviously whoever treated her thought it was a one time treatment. Make Peace had to explain to them that she will need to be on this medication for the rest of her life. So that's why I didn't notice it in the beginning until it just started getting progressively worse. I have her for about 2 months now.

I'm just glad that I noticed it!

Thanks everyone for your input. smile.gif