Name That Bump!

Guest jenznaz

Guest jenznaz

uh...what is this? it's kinda squishy, and there's this black speck, that if you tug a bit on it, is attached to what looks like thread from a stitch?? Is it an infected area from neutering?

a>

Looks like it's a bump from part of a dissolving suture that didn't dissolve. Not saying that's what it IS, but that's what it looks like.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest LindsaySF

Looks like it's a bump from part of a dissolving suture that didn't dissolve. Not saying that's what it IS, but that's what it looks like.

That would be my guess too.

Guest jenznaz

And the answer is...............a dissolving suture that didn't dissolve all the way!!!

Our vet took one look at it, and just yanked the little stitch out. We cleaned with some hydro peroxide, and he's good as new!!

Awards go to Batmom and LindsaySF!! :lol

Edited by jenznaz

Glad that's all it was!

Did the doc say anything about how he thought it got there? I suppose the little boogers can migrate?

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest jenznaz

Glad that's all it was!

Did the doc say anything about how he thought it got there? I suppose the little boogers can migrate?

I found out he had to have a recessed testicle removed.

Guest Energy11

Glad that's all it was!

I found out he had to have a recessed testicle removed.

Well, that explains the placement of that suture! Just happy this is all explained :-)))