Adding Kbr, Nothing Serious, Just An Observation

Background Red is 10 going on 11 May 31, he had been epileptic for many years, 4 or 5, and been on Phenobarb, and also gets a supplement called Marin.

After some not great LFTs so we are adding KBr.

He got the first of 4 loading doses this am. He was a bit more sleepy than usual, but no changes in overall behavior.

The tonight he rolled off the human bed mid-stretch from having been roached. Of course he landed on a dog bed, He was sitting there just kind of blinking his eyes, like "What happened, Who pushed me?" But he took two tries to haul his big red butt up off the cushy bed, take a few steps look back at the human bed, then another moment to figure out he had to jump. He made it up, barely, landing in a sit, back end just not following all too well.

My poor drugged boy.

gallery_9376_3027_10401.jpg

Nancy and

Grace - Andicot 2/1/07

Solo - Flying Han Solo 3/20/11

Missing: Murphy, Shine, Kim, Sprite, Red Dog, Lottie & Harry

Aw, bless his heart (and your too). Piper is pretty much chronically clumsy and ataxic from his combo of PB and KBr.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Guest Energy11

Although none of mine have ever taken KBr, Having worked at the vet in Florida, I did see this as a side effect. Red should get used to it soon. Good Luck. The medication does work well, though.

update - day 4 of huge loading doses - Oh, my poor drunken sailor

Thank doG that he goes on a lower dose tomorrow.

He is dragging his back feet a lot more than he usually does (he has bad knees). Falling. Just being discombobulated in general. Needing to pee more, then being indecisive about it. The when he does do a puddle, well he was never a lifting boy, more like the forward lunge position, right now more of a wobbly lunge, with a drooping back end

poor boy

gallery_9376_3027_10401.jpg

Nancy and

Grace - Andicot 2/1/07

Solo - Flying Han Solo 3/20/11

Missing: Murphy, Shine, Kim, Sprite, Red Dog, Lottie & Harry

Guest LindsaySF

Since he is on a loading dose I guess this is to be expected. Poor boy.

Sophie had these side effects on KBr, so bad that she couldn't walk or go to the bathroom on her own, I was carrying her everywhere. :( We had to lower the dose.

Guest ScottH

Get more stable Red!

I hope he does better with the lower dosage.

Give a gentle :kiss2 to him!

No one wants to go outside today anyway!

Edited by ScottH