Good Tasting Glucosamine/chondroitin?

Of course, "good" is all relative when it comes to dogs, I know. :lol

I can't sneak the powder into her food any longer, and can't hide the caps either. I have some "joint" treats but they're more expensive.

So I need something that's either a flavored liquid to mix in or something that tastes like heartguard/deramaxx - you know, that stinky beefy crap.

Thanks for any suggestions!!

With Buster Bloof (UCME Razorback 89B-51359) and Gingersnap Ginny (92D-59450). Missing Pepper, Berkeley, Ivy, Princess and Bauer at the bridge.

Cosequin DS comes in flavor tabs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Cosequin DS comes in flavor tabs.

Thanks - I've looked at these, and do you know if they are hard tablets? Or more like the soft heartguardy-like ones? I've tried hard tablets with her before and she won't eat them - she also doesn't have teeth, so that may be part of it.

With Buster Bloof (UCME Razorback 89B-51359) and Gingersnap Ginny (92D-59450). Missing Pepper, Berkeley, Ivy, Princess and Bauer at the bridge.

The ones I had were fairly hard like Interceptor tablets. Could be crumbled up and maybe she'd eat them then? They might have chewies as well; I never looked because mine will eat anything that can't outrun them :lol , and I stopped giving them.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Mine like the SynoviG3 chews. They look and smell like big liver treats.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Guest Mooogies

My beloved heart dog, Bear, was on Cosequin DS chewables for the last 3 years of her life and ate them like they were treats!

Edited by Mooogies

go to www.greyhoundgang.com

Claudia sells pure glucosomine so your dog is getting the real deal, all proceeds go to the hounds and you can't taste it. Elsie would know if there is a grain of salt on her food and I am able to get the glucosomine, MSM and CMO in her food, no problem.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Claudia sells pure glucosomine so your dog is getting the real deal, all proceeds go to the hounds and you can't taste it. Elsie would know if there is a grain of salt on her food and I am able to get the glucosomine, MSM and CMO in her food, no problem.

I have the GG stuff - she won't eat if it's mixed in. :rolleyes:

I googled Synovi and then also found these soft chews:

http://nutramaxlabs.com/vet/Products/Dasuquin-for-dogs.aspx

Might have to see if my vet carries the Dasuquin and will let me try some.

Guest IrskasMom

There is a New Drink with Glucosamine/Chondroitin out . I can't think of the Name , but maybe , just maybe they would like it and drink it ?????

I saw quite a few Commercials on that on TV. :unsure

I think it's called Eletion

Edited by IrskasMom

I have the GG stuff - she won't eat if it's mixed in. :rolleyes:

I googled Synovi and then also found these soft chews:

http://nutramaxlabs.com/vet/Products/Dasuquin-for-dogs.aspx

Might have to see if my vet carries the Dasuquin and will let me try some.

Wean it in- a very little at a time. That might work. That's what I had to do for Polli!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest Swifthounds

Excellent, excellent products! We've used these for many years as well. I just can't say enough about the quality.

With any of the flavored items, you're paying premium money for the beef or liver or whatever getting less actual supplement, and in almost all cases getting an inferior supplement as well. I buy the human grade Gang supplements and hide in something tasty.

Especially with the seniors, I suspect their fishing out of their supplements is as much the fact that they're only eating what smells good to them as it is trying to avoid what might not taste good. I feed raw, so I can usually disguise supplements with things like gizzards, liver, and heart. A trick you can use with most hounds regardless of what you feed is tinned sardines (packed in water). I haven't found a hound that doesn't like them, and the fish covers just about any smell or taste.

Guest 3greysinPA

Thank you for all the great information here... I am starting LisaAnn on Glucosamine from GG as soon as it gets here. I am hoping that I am able to just mix it in with her food.

We've always had good luck w/the liver flavored formula from Thomas Vet. Drug. http://thomasvetdrug.com/product_info.php/pName/healthy-joints-k9-64-fl-oz They also have an "apple" version for horses, which we've given to the dogs just in a lot less quantity. I think they prefer the liver so that's what we use.

Oooh, this looks promising too!

I know I'll be paying more for the flavored versions...but I can't tell you how much food I've wasted trying to get the other supplements into her. She's gotten really picky in her old age, that's for sure. :P

Thanks for all the suggestions!