New To Greytalk!

Guest Frankendog

Guest Frankendog

Hi everyone,

My first post on GreyTalk. I thought it would be fun to join your greyhound community. I am an equestrian photographer from Ontario, Canada, and we adopted a male greyhound the end of September. He comes from Daytona, Florida, so our cold Canadian winter was a bit of a shock to him (though not so much this year as we are having a mild winter here and I hear Florida - not so much!). "Hold to Fashion", or "Frankie" as we call him is a 4 year old, 78 lb, red brindle and white boy. He is very mellow, doesn't bark, loves pats, & is great with our 2 cats and other dogs. He is perfect except for his stubbornness on occasion and he is still jumpy with loud noises, big trucks going by etc. As I am an animal photographer, you can bet I have many photos of him as he is just so beautiful I can't seem to take enough photos of him!

Anyway, I am looking forward to learning more about greyhounds and meeting new friends.

Leslie

p.s. Not sure how to add a photo but you can see some photos of him here: Frankie, our Greyhound

Guest greystoked

Welcome, Frankendog (love it, BTW), this is a really great site for retired greys, and the folk here are pretty nice, and always helpful for tips and advice.

There are many past posts full of information, and you can easily search the site, or specific forums you are currently in. As a new dog owner, you may first want to look up the foods that are forbidden to dogs... I don't know if you already have that info, but chocolate, raisins, onion/garlic and especially some artificial sweetener often used in chewing gum that I can't recall right now but someone will soon chime in, are foods that are right out.

We're also pleased to hear you have photos... lots of photos... because we will of course wish to see them. There's even a private gallery available here, for site supporters.

And now, I am off to investigate your link to view your photo gallery, and thank you for sharing.

Again welcome, and enjoy the best hound website on the net. ;)

PS _ Frankie is one fine looking hound, looks like he's found a greyt home! Thank you.

Edited by greystoked

Guest Frankendog

Thanks for your welcomes. I am not new to dogs, but this is my first greyhound. I have done crazy amounts of research, forum lurking, meeting with other greyhound owners etc, ok, ok...perhaps I am bordering on obsessive...;o) what can I say...I LOVE greyhounds!!

I am going to test out a photo posting...not sure if I can post from flickr but I'll try.

4253092734_40440b409d_o.jpg

4289079118_57dbd3b6c0_o.jpg

Edited by Frankendog

Guest greymama002

Welcome! Gorgeous photos of a stunning hound! And I just love Frankie's winter coat! 2 of our hounds were originally from Florida, but they adapt pretty well to our winter, and seem to enjoy romping around in the snow as much as your Frankie seems to!

Guest greytloves

Yep, he sure does look as if he is having trouble adapting to the major weather change! :rolleyes:

I think the look in his eyes in the first photo portrays a really, really unhappy boy! :lol

Guest twogreytkids

I love it when I see that a Daytona dog has found a happy home. Makes all the time that I put in as a volunteer well worth the effort.

Marcy

Guest Frankendog

Thanks everyone! Frankie has adjusted really well to Canada and to being a spoiled couch potato, a job he takes very seriously.

I met my mailman on the street today and he was very surprised that I had a dog. It's been 4 months and he has never seen or heard Frankie! :-D) Our last dog passed away in July and she never got tired of telling off the mailman.

I wanted to post Frankie's pedigree, it would be great to meet some of his siblings. I think all his siblings were the same colouring, brindle and white. He was born Oct 18, 2005. Dad is Trojan Cruze and Mom is Fast Elmo. http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=Hold+to+Fashion&sex=m&color=&birthyear=&birthland=

Marcy that is very neat that you volunteer there! Good for you!!

Leslie

p.s. This is how we keep warm in Canada heehee...

3977279774_8a46423b6d_o.jpg

Edited by Frankendog

WELCOME from Long Island!

Your Frankie is GORGEOUS and your pictures are really nice. You are going to have a l ot of fun photographing him and you have a very captive audience with us!

Congrats!!!! have fun.

Oh and BTW- we are related to Frankie through Molotov along with 7000+ others! ;)

Ks Flak on the other side too. All my dogs are related one way or the other!!!

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest Frankendog

Thanks again for all your nice welcomes. Hey I just bought my first fancy collar! Joined eBay to get it. Ahhh can't wait! Hope it looks ok on the boy! Poor guy has had to put up with a "plain" collar for 4 months. I'm "not allowed" to go overboard on spending money on this dog ;o) , so this will be his only fancy collar for a bit.

Old collar...though green does look nice on him!

4040180851_0b27db1e69_o.jpg

Edited by Frankendog

Guest Frankendog

Hi again. Had an interesting episode today. I put Frankie out back in the yard, poured myself a cup of coffee and went back to the door (I like to watch him)and saw he was standing near my shed, tail wagging but fixed on something a couple of feet ahead of him...ARGH...my neighbour's cat!! I called to Frankie and in the moment he looked my way the cat beat it up a tree. I hope that gives it enough of a scare that it won't come into the yard again. Frankie lives with 2 indoor cats and he has met other people's cats in their house and shows no interest in them. I know it can be different for them to meet one out doors. He doesn't seem to care about cats or squirrels when we are out on a leash walk. Funny boy.

Question: Do I have to belong to the forum for awhile before I can add photos to a gallery?