Hello From Kansas

Guest GradStudent

Guest GradStudent

My wife and I are about to adopt our first greyhound (who will also be our first dog), probably welcoming her into our home this weekend! We just went on a buying spree to get all the things for her.

We just moved into Lawrence back in August from North Carolina for me to work on a PhD, dragging our two cats with us (they forgave us once they saw how close they were to all the squirrels and birds, a big improvement over a 3rd story apartment).

The grey we're adopting is a beautiful white with brindle spots girl. She came over for a visit last night and we just fell in love with her. And we already have a perfect name picked out for her, Penny!

Now, some pictures from the visit!

She's happy to see everyone!

IMG_0105.jpg

But she also tired herself out!

IMG_0111.jpg

This is Pandy, our older cat, she wasn't sure of what to make of the hound, but watched from the other side of the room.

IMG_3184.jpg

And finally Tigger, who was far more comfortable with her, sitting about 3 feet away!

IMG_3187.jpg

Congratulations! She is a beauty. We favor the white and brindles, too. In fact, we have three. Get out your lint roller. :lol

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest GradStudent

Congratulations! She is a beauty. We favor the white and brindles, too. In fact, we have three. Get out your lint roller. :lol

Heh, white fur everywhere is commonplace in our house, it's very much impossible to leave our place without white fur! Oddly enough we opted for a brown couch and a brown and blue rug in the living room.

Welcome to GT from another academic, current Midwesterner, cat person, and mom to a white and brindle girl! All three of yours are wonderfully sweet looking. You're in a very exciting time waiting for Penny to come home. You'll find fabulous resources on this site and in its members for any question or issue that could possibly arise.

What are you studying?

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Welcome from Derby, KS -- just south of Wichita. :welcome2 Lawrence is a great town and you'll love living there. Your new girl is just beautiful. Can't wait to see more pictures and hear how she settles in.

Pat

tivvy-gigi-heaven-gabby-2.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Blaze, Rodney, Lady, Spice, Sarahlee, Callie and Baby

Guest GradStudent

Welcome to GT from another academic, current Midwesterner, cat person, and mom to a white and brindle girl! All three of yours are wonderfully sweet looking. You're in a very exciting time waiting for Penny to come home. You'll find fabulous resources on this site and in its members for any question or issue that could possibly arise.

What are you studying?

I'm in the Bioinformatics program here at KU. I'll be doing simulations of proteins to explain what experiments can't, if the simulations work.

Thank you all for the warm welcome here! I've actually been lurking around for a week or so, looking at the Cute Things Greyhounds Do section. Lots of adorable dogs. The breed in general just seems very comical and expressive!

You might also be interested to know about a major annual summer greyhound event in Kansas (Abilene), Greyhound America -- http://www.racethewind.org/ -- I'm going to be going this June!

Edited by PrairieProf

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad