Need Good Thoughts For Tessa

Guest Taras

We have a appointment in the morning with the vet at 8:15. so if you could all send some good vibes our way. I'm really not sure what is going on at all . but it doesn't look good .

I update everyone when I know something more

Tara

Thank you all for the good thoughts.

Well the doc looked at both eyes and it is Pannus the right eye is really bad and the left has just started . I know here eyes were fine last week how did this happen so fast . I feel i let her down . I know it can be controlled with drops but she is only 6 so i worried that she might spend most of her life blind. This is my baby. I'm just so sad that this has happen .

Tara

Guest goofydog

Pannus is highly treatable/manageable and she shouldn't suffer any blindness if the drops are used as prescribed. I keep the BilJac liver treats as a special morsel after Get Em gets his drops for his toxo. That's the only time I use those and he waits patiently through the application. Gentle scritches for Tessa.

Pannus is treatable but it may take a bit of time to see what the exact amount of drops Tessa needs. Then over time they may have to be tweaked again. and don't feel bad, Pannus can appear suddenly. Typically, it occurs in both eyes, at least eventually it usually does. With meds, her eyesight should be ok. Pannus is something that has to be treated religiously. You can't forget the drops. Tessa will do fine!

Edited by Devotion

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Guest TaraCoachCougar

Sending positive thoughts from one Tara to another.

Near the end, they thought Coach had mild pannus. You'll treat it and things will be fine. Just keep the love a flowin' and she will do her part. You are in it together.

Hugs to both.

Thanks everyone for your good thoughts. I think I'm over the shock of Tessa having Pannus . And so far she is being a real trooper about letting me put the drops in . She is also very excited to get one of the special treats when she has been a good girl . And i will be ordering her a pair of doggles for when we go on walks and all day outings .

Slim had pannus. HE said (via animal communicator) that things had been a little blurry before the drops but that everything was fine and he could see great once he got started on the drops. It didn't cause him any problems. Its my understanding that greyhounds tend to fare pretty well with pannus. It is German Shepherds where blindness can approach 80% I heard.