Throwing Up Little Bit Of Bile (?)

Guest argolola

Guest argolola

Ok, I am freaking out just a little bit. Lola is used to eating several times a day in small doses. When I got home today, she threw up two little tiny piles of yellowish liquid.

Since DH had the day off, I asked him if he had been feeding Lola all day and he said he forgot. Could lack of food cause this? She did eat a little grass earlier, but just had her supper and gobbled it down.

Thanks...as always you GTers rock!

Yep, she's hungry and needs something in her stomach. Lots of greys will vomit bile if they're hungry.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest Luvgreys

One of our recent foster hounds would vomit a little bile every morning until we started giving her two large biscuits right before bed time. Apparently for her our feeding times were a little too far apart (we feed around 6:15 am and 5:15 pm).

Yep. and not only greys do this!

Yep! Even ppl do it. I'm bad about remembering to eat and when this happens I have become nauseous and gotten a little *pukey*.

Yep. She needs something in her tummy. Even just a cookie or a small handful of kibble. Feeding more often in smaller doses should help with her pancreatitis too - not such a big "load" of food in her system all at once.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Yep. She needs something in her tummy. Even just a cookie or a small handful of kibble. Feeding more often in smaller doses should help with her pancreatitis too - not such a big "load" of food in her system all at once.

:nod It's a lot easier for them to digest lots of small meals :)

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

You may also want to watch her with the grass eating . . . Neither of my hounds have had pancreatitis, but they both went through a couple bouts with HGE and have always had "sensitive" stomachs. One of them used to graze grass like a goat, and my vet said I should definitely NOT let her eat grass. I do know that dogs will sometimes eat grass in cases of stomach ache/upset stomach (and, I think, sometimes just because they like it!), but I have to say that both of my hounds have done very well, stomach-wise, since I started making sure they don't eat grass. There seem to be mixed views about grass eating, but I thought I would at least pass this on as something to consider, since Lola was so sick recently . . .

Guest DunksMom

Yup! I agree with splitting up meals. Dunkin' used to get up in the middle of the night and puke up a little bile. Our vet suggested breaking up his meals and he's been fine ever since. We feed at 6am, 5pm and 10. Some of these guys are hungrier than others... I think mine may be the hungriest of them all! :)