Multivitamins

LaFlaca

I would like to add a multivitamin to Wendy's daily diet but my head spins when I look online at all the different supplements. Also, I don't want to over do it as she already gets FortiFlora, Grizzly Salmon Oil and Get Up & Go Glucosamine/Chondroitin. I feed Wellness Core, RMB's and the occasional organ meat.

So GT'ers what would you suggest? Or should I leave well enough alone? :unsure

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

I guess I'm just overprotective and want all the best for my girl. Also, I'm not convinced that dog food, whether kibble, canned or even raw provides all the nutrients that a dog needs.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Guest Energy11

I give multi-vitamins every night, and I feed Canidae Platinum, plus many veggies, sweet taters and pumpkin. I, too, feel better giving them. Our Cari will ONLY eat brown rice and Natural Balance "chubs," as I call them. I use Pet Tabs Plus. I also give a Glucosamine and Chrondroitin supplement. Curfew gets Caniflex (all natural from ELKUSA.com). They eat far better than we do:)))

Good Luck!

Edited by Energy11

Guest mcsheltie

Two canine nutritionists (one who's work I've read, the other I have had a consultation with) said to buy human vitamins and dose them according to weight. Here are two that were recommended - link1 and link2

During the consult I was told that if you are feeding high quality kibble (which you are) giving a good multi vit/min three times a week would cover deficiencies without fear of excess.

If you're feeding all or mostly kibble, it already has the same stuff in it that a multivitamin has. The dog is essentially already getting a multivitamin, no need to give two.

If you're feeding a homeprepped diet that might not be fully balanced, then it would make sense to give a multivitamin. We use Vetri-science Canine Plus.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.