Butt Pimple? Aquitaine Is Bleeding Lightly From Under Her Tail.

I woke up this morning to find blood on Aquitaine's bed. I thought that something happened with her leg stitches but no, those are fine. Went all over her and finally found a small bit of blood under her tail. I cleaned it up. Let it dry, then checked again and there is a tiny pin-point of blood. She walked fine and pooped fine. No straining, no blood.

Does anyone have any idea what this might be?

Thank you all for your responses. My vet says that since it looks like a popped zit and the bleeding stopped, that I don't have to worry.

He will look at it next week when he takes her stitches out of her leg.

Edited by carronstar

Do you know how to express the anal glands? Don't do it if there's blood, but is the blood coming from that area of the rectum? Around 5 o'clock and 7 o'clock to the rectum. If that's where the blood is coming from, then it might be a ruptured or infected anal gland.

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

I would suspect the anal glands. Fiona had a problem with a ruptured gland and the symptom was blood at the rectum.

Personally, I could never get the hang of expressing the glands myself; some groomers will do it if you don't want to incur a vet visit cost.

Edited by fionasmom