Hershey Has Cancer

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xan Thank you for the chant - I needed that

RE: Hershey: she is getting back to her normal self (minus part of her tail) demanding to eat this am and barking at things outside which I think were blowing leaves LOL. I put her e-collar on last night when I went to bed, kept her in the dining room, Penske in the living room and EZ in bed with me (this is new since the third seizure) he would always jump out of bed when I got in.

It is better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all

Missing my Big Blue eyed Bear

Praying for continued improvement! Sounds promising!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Looks like you're all off and running towards those good years ahead! :)

:bighug

I hope so Xan I need some good luck. bandage change tomorrow and we are under a winter weather advisory, hope it does not hit until after I get Hershey to the vets and back home..

Hope the weather holds off for you, Beryl!

Xan

No the weather did not hold off for me - it started about 10 pm Friday Night, we are expecting 3 to 5 (not as much as south and east of us) and right now we have a litte over 1 1/2 inches on the ground (it is 7:21 am my time). My grandson has a Jeep so we will try and get there with that. Told him I would give him gas and I have a gas card that I am getting $2.20 off a gallon so it would be to my advantage to just pay maybe $0.40 to $0.50/gallon to get her to the vet.

Guest luvRgreys

I haven't heard of CA of the tail before. Glad the CXR was clear, always good news. Will wait to hear what the biopsy shows. Praying that Hershey does well!!

I haven't heard of CA of the tail before. Glad the CXR was clear, always good news. Will wait to hear what the biopsy shows. Praying that Hershey does well!!

Where she had the amputation they told me that they have had quite a few dogs with CA of the tail and they had chemo at the oncology unit there. I am trying to find out more info on that. A vet who is very greyhound savy (has a pack of her own) has never heard of it either but said knowing greyhound and they don't read the book this is very probable. remember the tail is a digit and has bones.

Just back from the vet, tail healing well, return on Wednesday for another bandage change and re-check. continue with the antibiotic. My son took me in his truck as my street is still a mess and my car is still full of snow

Glad she is doing well!

IIRC there was another dog here on GT a year or so back that had his/her tail removed due to cancerous lump.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am ready to shoot Hershey took her e-collar off as I was getting their dinner ready and she ripped off her bandage. I managed to re wrap it with bandages from my stash. I caught her before she had a chance to do any damage