Hershey Got Out Of The Yard Sunday

Hershey got out of the yard on Sunday and I was frantic. I kept going out to the front of the house looking for her and she came back finally got her in the yard. When she wanted back out I saw where she was heading to the corner of the yard where the fence meets the wall of my neighbor's yard. There was a small gap that she was getting out of. I fed her and noticed drops of blood on the floor, checked her out and found a gash on her leg and an abrasion under her chin. Put a pressure bandage on her leg and decided to get her checked out at the ER vet, did not want to risk an infection. When we got there there were more injuries discovered by parents of a pup that was in the ER on her backside. On initial exam the vet thought she might of been hit by a car so to be safe he did a chest x-ray and drew blood for a liver enzyme both were negative. She did not have the classic injuries to her paws and nails that an animals has when hit by a car of digging the nails in to the ground/pavement so now they think she might of done most of the injuries by squeezing through a tight space. On antibiotics, anti inflamatory med and pain meds.

It is better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all

Missing my Big Blue eyed Bear

Guest grey_dreams

Wow, how worrying! So glad she came back quickly, and glad she wasn't hit by a car! It's good she showed you where the gap in the fence was. Now you've probably already checked the entire fence for any gaps or holes underneath that she might slip through/under. Hope she heals well and quickly! :hope

I was scared to death but she is a known escape artist. By her getting out in Ohio she ended up in a kill shelter and while we have had her she has escaped a few other times

Zanesville, Ohio when she felt her leash was loose

Dravosburg, PA again when she felt her lease was loose and was running the ball fields thos young firemen were exhausted trying to catch her. She did not read the sign saying "NO DOGS"

Jackson, FL got out the door at a retired gh farm and was running the track that had not been used in years

Here - once when my grandson forgot to close the gate, another time when I was taking a large package out of the house, and this last escapade.

It is better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all

Missing my Big Blue eyed Bear

Guest eaglflyt

Wow, this girl is something else!!!

I'm so glad she's home, checked out OK at the Evet, is on the mend, and that you're trying to outwit her escape artist tendencies!

I hope she gets well quickly and decides to be a homebody from now on. ;)

How is she doing this evening? Jeepers, those pups are keeping you HOPPING!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.