Vet Thinks Ehrlichia For Ollie

RobinM

We will know more when TBD results start coming in. She said they will get some preliminary results this week, but she is leaning towards Ehrlichia.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Started 300mg doxy yesterday when we got home from vet. She also wants him on 75mg of deramaxx. his fever was high at 104.5. I almost fell over when I saw that. I knew he wasn't "right" Today he is feeling sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Is he having any swelling of the joints or anything like that? If the vet thinks there is ANY chance at all that he will also need steroids, see about switching from Deramaxx to another non NSAID pain med. Mia was on Deramaxx and then when they wanted to start her on Prednisone (her Erlichea turned into immune mediated polyarthritis) we had to watch her like a hawk because you aren't supposed to give the 2 drugs together.

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

Oh we are very familiar with that! Beau lives on pred and imuran! And he also has had a bout of immune mediated polyarthritis. Not a fun place to be.

Is he having any swelling of the joints or anything like that? If the vet thinks there is ANY chance at all that he will also need steroids, see about switching from Deramaxx to another non NSAID pain med. Mia was on Deramaxx and then when they wanted to start her on Prednisone (her Erlichea turned into immune mediated polyarthritis) we had to watch her like a hawk because you aren't supposed to give the 2 drugs together.

Guest eaglflyt

I'm so glad that his Doxy has already been started. I'm praying for quick & accurate test results and successful treatment. I hope your boy is feeling great soon ... and I'm so happy he is with his forever family through this illness. HUGS to Ollie and your family and your vet. :grouphug :grouphug

Shelly in OK

edited to correct typo

Edited by eaglflyt

Glad he's feeling better. Hope the doxy takes care of things rite qwik.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)