Da Poor Baby -

Guest NHgreys

Guest NHgreys

I took Joy and Red out when I got up this morning - they like to chase each other (on leash since we have no yard). Sometimes Joy spins, Red too but not as fast. Red likes to pounce after Joy with her paws, but never really gets her. So they stop suddenly and Joy is quietly whining. First I think it's her leg because she's pulled it a few times this year. As I bend down to check it, I see her tail jutting out 2/3 of the way up almost at a 90 degree angle! We quickly walk back home and then I notice she's also bleeding pretty good. DH and I got her to the e-vet and they were able to clean/suture the wound and splint/wrap that portion of the tail under mild anesthesia. They used propofol & iso, didn't even need to intubate her. She'll be on prophylactic antibiotics and we have some left over Previcox from when she hurt her leg. She's pretty lethargic this afternoon/tonight, doesn't really want to drink any water - but did get up when she thought DH had come home. Good thoughts for our little girl tonight!

Edited by NHgreys

Guest NHgreys

Joy's doing well this morning. She ate her dinner last night and breakfast this morning with no problem. She's drinking plenty of water now. She doesn't seem to be in any pain. Thanks for the well-wishes :)