Timeframe From Diagnosis To The Decision Day?

My special Gem was 12 when diagnosed with bone cancer. She started limping the beginning of Jan. 2006. X-rays confirmed the cancer. She was started on pain medication but went downhill quickly. I talked to the vet and we were going to add in another pain medicine, but after I got off the phone, I took one look at my precious dog and knew it was time. I called the vet back and made an appointment to end Gem's suffering the next day. The pain pills would have only been for me and my not wanting to lose her. From date of diagnosis to having her cross the rainbow bridge was 3 weeks.

I'm sorry for what you are going through. Many hugs and prayers sent your way!

I am so sorry. :grouphug

For my Renie who went to the bridge 5 weeks ago it was about 6 weeks. Renie was 11 1/2.

My special Gem was 12 when diagnosed with bone cancer. She started limping the beginning of Jan. 2006. X-rays confirmed the cancer. She was started on pain medication but went downhill quickly. I talked to the vet and we were going to add in another pain medicine, but after I got off the phone, I took one look at my precious dog and knew it was time. I called the vet back and made an appointment to end Gem's suffering the next day. The pain pills would have only been for me and my not wanting to lose her. From date of diagnosis to having her cross the rainbow bridge was 3 weeks.

I'm sorry for what you are going through. Many hugs and prayers sent your way!

I also did not add another pain med to the Tramadol. I have waited too long before and I don't ever want to do that again. I owe them that, to not wait any longer because I can't face it. :(

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Thank you everyone for your kind words and prayers. You all helped me tremendously

Somehow down inside I knew the time would be short, but I just needed to see it to believe it.

Melissa made her first GSOD tonight when she tried to roach. But then, when she did stand up, she ran to get her yogurt snack. So, I will watch her for signs that she is telling me it is time. She is getting all the treats she wants, and getting lots of luvins. She is not ready to go away yet, because she even tries to take advantage of me too! The mail was in my one hand, and some pretzels were in the other. She grabbed the mail, took it just out of my reach, and started tearing it up in little pieces. Tear a piece, look to see if she was getting a pretzel. Rip another piece off, look to see if the pretzel was being offered. She made me laugh so hard, she got all but 1 of the pretzels. This was the first time she has ever tried anything destructive manipulative since she walked into the house.

Seniors are so special!

Thank you again!!

gallery_14635_3193_11799.jpg

Missing our pups at the Bridge--Amandas Kelsey 03-15-1996 to 05-02-2008; Melissa May 07-17-1998 to 11-23-2009; Emily's Maggie 10-05-1995 to 05-20-2010; Flying Kendra 01-13-2003 to 02-28-2011; Izzy (Smile Please) 06-27-2002 to 03-28-2012: Senator (EF Rob Statesman) 04-30-2000 to 12-30-2013: Secret (Seperate Secrets) 04-10-2003 to 08-03-2014: Tugboat (Thugboat) 06-07-2007 to 07-27-2015; Betsy (Bee Better Now) 12-04-2004 to 07-02-2017: Dottie ( Rooftop Spottie) 08-08-2004 to 05-11-2018:Abby (WW's Dear Abby) 11/2008-08/2020: Tiny (Piccadilly Girl) 08/2007-10/2020:  Tiller (Kelsos Tillerson) 10/30/2018: Heart (Lions Heart) 03/08/2014

With Lewis, it was a week shy of three months. On March 11, 2009, one week after the biggest snow storm my part of VA had seen for a while, it warmed up to 70 degrees and he let me know it was time.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)