New Member From Orlando

Guest ghessentials

Guest ghessentials

My name is James and my wife and I have 4 greyhounds. Our first is Dizzy(11), then Gus(6), Fable(5), and Chloe(4). We have been volunteers for a local greyhound rescue group for almost 4 years. We failed fostering with these 4. My wife was working as a volunteer at a meet and greet and an elderly couple brought in Dizzy. They told us they had been traveling around the country with Dizzy for a couple of years and had to give her up because the elderly lady had cancer and was not able to take care Dizzy any longer. We adopted Dizzy 2 days after bringing her home. Gus and Fable were shy bounces that we could not give up. Chole had a broken hock soon after birth and was rescued at around 3 months old. She still has a limp, but is the fastest one in the “Around the Pool Races”. She just doesn’t know she is supposed to go the same way around every time. We currently have 2 fosters Jacob(4) and Tina(3). We live in central Florida and are looking forward to possibility doing some greyhound related activities with other GT members. I have an interest in greyhound nutrition and have a website that is built around greyhound nutrition called greythound essentials . Even after being involved with the greyhounds for 4 years, I am still learning a great deal from all the wonderful GT members. I look forward to being a part of GT.

FableDizzy08-2.jpg

Dizzy(brindle)& Fable(fawn)

GUS09-1.jpg

Gus

CHLOE09-1.jpg

Chloe

Guest luvmygrey

HI James,Welcome from Nova Scotia,my name is Ken,I know how you feel with your fosters we have 2 greys, Diamond and Pete,we adopted Diamond about 1 1/2 years ago,and fostered Pete 4 months ago,that lasted all of about 2 days and made the call to adopt.Diamonds a real diva,Petes a large 90lb lovable brindle.I will check out your greyhound essentials.

Guest dobiegrey

Hi,

My husband and I are just a little east of you in Cocoa, Florida!!! We are new to Greyhound love, we have had our Betty for only 11 months now, but I am hooked!!!! I am also new to GT but I love it and it is full of great fun, information and sometimes worry for dogs we have come to know through their Moms or Dads who share them and their stories with us. Enjoy!

Lou

Guest greyhound9797

Welcome from the Tampa area!

Wow - 6 greys in your house. I am so jealous! I would love to add another one but Piper, aged 12, doesn't like other large dogs and I think my husband would move out if I made an addition to our family. Trying to weigh the pros and cons of that...(Just kidding!)

Sandra in FL

Greetings from Gainesville, Florida! :welcome2

Your babies are all beautiful!

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest ghessentials
Welcome! Where in Orlando are you? We're always interested in meeting new greyhound people! Hope you find GT as fun and useful as we have. :)

We are actually in Longwood, just north of Orlando.

Welcome! Where in Orlando are you? We're always interested in meeting new greyhound people! Hope you find GT as fun and useful as we have. :)

I guess you're involved with GPA/Greater Orlando. We adopted Susie from them in March 2005, 3 weeks before her 14th birthday. At the time Joan Harris said that Susie was the oldest bounce she had ever had. Susie lived past her 15th birthday.

PRINCESS
ANGELS: SUSIE (BANDIT SUE) 3/26/1991-5/13/2006, TIPPER (MPS KRISTINA) 7/23/1999-2/4/2008, LADYBUG (BB'S LADYBUG) 5/19/2005-7/9/2008,
HAPPY 12/2000-10/9/2013, RICHY (DON L RICHY RICH) 11/5/2002-5/17/2015, DARREN 9/24/2005-3/2/2017, TUCKER (AWESOME ABILITY) 12/29/2004-12/4/2017,
BUG (BB'S DANCING BUG) 5/19/2005-11/17/2018, Dee (KIOWA DIANDRA) 10/9/2007-6/20/2022, Buddy (PJ PLUTARCH) 11/21/2013-9/8/2023)

Guest ghessentials

I guess you're involved with GPA/Greater Orlando. We adopted Susie from them in March 2005, 3 weeks before her 14th birthday. At the time Joan Harris said that Susie was the oldest bounce she had ever had. Susie lived past her 15th birthday.

Wow, a bounce at 14. That had to be hard on Susie. Seniors are great and very rewarding. We have been volunteers for Greyhound Ranch Adopitions in Longwood for several years. We got all our greys from there. We seem to specialize in the shy ones.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there! We are visiting your great city right now - actually, just the Disney part ;-). What a neat place, though we miss our houndies!

Hope you are enjoying GT - it's a wonderful place to be!

Edited by BrucieDad

Doe's Bruciebaby Doe's Bumper

Derek

Follow my Ironman journeys and life with dogs, cats and busy kids: A long road

Welcome from Waterloo

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross