Peeing In House - Health Concern?

Urismom

I've had Uri for 9 months. He is about 5 years old. In 9 months, he's never had an accident in the house while I've been at work (I am usually gone for 9 hours)...even on some nights where I've been unavoidably late.

For the first 6 months, he was crated....since June, I have not been crating him because he has been so good. No accidents when I stopped the crate.

In the last 4 days, he's peed inside 3 times...always in the same spot, even though I thoroughly Lysol it and spray it with that pee-discouraging spray. Twice was when I was at work. Once was when I was at home in the next room.

He's such a good boy and was so good with that for the last 9 months....I am wondering if this is a behavior problem, or if it could indicate that he is having some digestive/urinary problem or infection. Has this happened to other dogs and been a sign of medical problem? Are there other signs of a urinary infection?

(About 2 weeks ago, he went through a 3-day phase where he wasn't hungry, or he would eat but leave half the meal in the dish....and he started craving grass outside. He has since started eating normally again...sometimes leaves a few kibbles behind...but he does still go for the grass.)

I am trying to decide if a vet visit is in order, or just behavior issues and bringing out the crate again, which I hate to do if he's not feeling well and can't help it.

Thanks!

I'd go with a vet visit first. Since he's been so good, I'd suspect a UTI.

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest Energy11

I'd see the vet for blood work and a urinalysis, and go from there. When Oakly had his UTI, he peed in the house, especially at night, if you didn't heard him when he asked to go out. Good Luck with this.

Lots of greys eat grass, they just seem to like the taste. Our girl has always eaten grass and is never sick, so you can't really point to this as a symptom unless your guy is eating and then throwing it up.

you might be able just to take a pee sample into the vet and drop it off to be tested. I've done this and then if it tests positive I can come back in and pick up meds.

Lots of greys eat grass, they just seem to like the taste. Our girl has always eaten grass and is never sick, so you can't really point to this as a symptom unless your guy is eating and then throwing it up.

Hmm, he did throw up once (for the first time in 9 months) Sunday morning. It was first thing in the morning, after a night's sleep and before he ate or went out... It looked like bile and I didn't think much of it, but maybe he has something wrong with him and it's manifesting himself that way too. It's hard to know what's related or just coincidental.

Agreed with all on checking on a UTI which is easy to collect, diagnosis and treat.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Dupe post.

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project