Hi From Ct

Guest smudgebear

Guest smudgebear

Hi there,

I've been lurking for a while but finally took the plunge and officially joined. There is so much good info on this forum! My husband and I bought our home a few months ago and are hopefully going to be adopting a greyhound in the very near future. :) We've been talking about getting a dog for quite some time, but didn't want to do so while we were renting. DH grew up with dogs (non-greys), but I've never had one, so this will be a new experience for me. We already have two very spoiled house cats named Seamus and Smudge, and I'm a little bit nervous about how they will react to a dog, but I've heard that many greys get along fine with cats (indoors!). We are of course going to go through a rescue group that tests their hounds with cats before adopting them out. I've always been drawn to greyhounds and thought that if I were to ever get a dog I would adopt a grey. They are so sweet and beautiful! DH and I have been researching the breed so that we know what to expect, and this weekend we attended a Meet and Greet for a local rescue and filled out an application to adopt! We still have to go through an interview and home visit, but I'm hopeful! Now that I am working from home we're in an ideal situation to get a dog and I know we can give a greyhound a loving home. We even have a large fenced in backyard for daily runs.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself...hopefully before too long I'll be introducing our new greyhound as well! :P

Aimee

Welcome from Texas :wave

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Wow!! Sounds like a great setup!!

Welcome to GT!

Our 2 boys are amazing with our indoor kittehs but I'll say they would like nothing more than to run down this specific taunting white cat they see all the time outside!!

We moved from NY near CT to Canada last week.

Enjoy all the reading and hoping things go well with your adoption plans!

Doe's Bruciebaby Doe's Bumper

Derek

Follow my Ironman journeys and life with dogs, cats and busy kids: A long road

Hi from Waterbury!!

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

Hi Aimee:

Welcome and good luck on your future Greyhound(s). Hope it's real soon. :yay:yay

Best thing we ever did was adopt our 2 greyhounds, they are such a special breed , our 2 girls we adopted when we were living in CT (New Milford Area) I don't think our home will ever be without greyhounds :wub::wub:

They share our home with 3 mini dachshunds and they all get along just greyt!! :banana:banana

Wish you the best!!!!

Hi and welcome from Hamden! :) Where are you located? I have an excellent Grey-savvy vet to recommend if you're anywhere near Cheshire/Woodbridge.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

:welcome2 Hello from Staten Island, NY. Hoping all goes well and will have a hound soon. I know waiting is the worst part of adoption.

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

Guest UESBrindle

Welcome from NYC! We're trying to move up to CT in the near future.

Plenty of good info here, and I'm sure there's a perfect grey out there for you (and yor cats)! Good Luck!

Hi and welcome from Hamden! :) Where are you located? I have an excellent Grey-savvy vet to recommend if you're anywhere near Cheshire/Woodbridge.

Who Tracey? If you dont mind. :blush

/end hijack.

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

Guest greymama002

:welcome Our greys give our kitty a wide berth, after getting the old paw/claw swipe a couple of times when they got too close.

Best wishes on getting your grey!

Guest BluMommy

Welcome from NJ!! Lots of luck on your search for a Greyt Grey!

There are many Greys who do well with cats. Our Greyhound drinks out of the same bowl as our cat and our two Chesapeakes bother our cat more than Blu!

Guest smudgebear

Thanks, everyone, for the warm welcome and good wishes! I'm happy to see so many other CT folks too! We're in Orange, so Tracey, yes, I'd definitely like to hear who your vet is! Our current vet is a feline only practice in Woodbridge so we'd have to find a different vet for the dog (ideally one that is experienced with greys). I'm definitely open to suggestions! :)