Upcoming Vaccinations

Guest eaglflyt

Rabies req'd by law. And that's it. I do a titer test instead of assaulting their system with vaccines they therefore don't need that contain dangerous metals etc. Titer test always comes back positive meaning they are covered and don't need another vaccination. And thats not even counting the immunity they have from cell memory etc. I have learned through painful and sometimes tragic results to never blindly trust a vet. Oh yeah and sometimes I am req'd -due to the fact I also have a working dog- to get a bordetella vacc but I just get the oral version of that and pray it doesn't hurt them.

found this even though i was looking for vaccinations and elderly dogs. felix, 11 yrs, 8 months failing kidneys and pancreas(lyme/anaplas), is due for rabies i'll do that since we will be living out of state for the next couple of months but my gut says no DHLPP or LEPTO, even though LEPTO is pretty bad in san antonio. just go for rabies.

people, your opinions? felix is hanging on, but something besides the kidney and pancreas malfunctions is brewing. i am not going to go for a sonogram or anything else. he's happy, still playing with his balls and toys and eating but loosing weight. go with my gut? or ????

thanks

i've never experienced a dog with such a long decline. all of my other dogs were steady until the very end. so, they just kept them going w/o a problem.

I think your gut is right. No way would I get him a lepto. It is a dangerous vaccine and it is only effective against a very limited number of the lepto strains anyway. Lepto is a bacteria, not a virus. It is a very different vaccine then what you probably think it is.