What Does This Look Like?

Guest TBSFlame
It looks similar to what Dodger has and is in the exact same spot. His is calcification from an injury...most likely a torn ACL and it does make his gait off but doesn't seem to cause pain, just some stiffness. Do you know why your girl retired?

Hopefully it's just an old injury and nothing else. Don't panic yet, but definitely have the vet take a look.

We have not been able to find Zoe's racing records. She was adopted when she was 4 and then returned and has been with me since she was 5. She now 9 1/2. So she must have been doing something from 0-4 years old. :dunno

We are resting today and the lump has gone down considerably. I have decided to call the vet if this does not continue to improve.

If the bump has gone down then that's a good sign. With osteo it would only get bigger and do it fast.

It looks similar to what Dodger has and is in the exact same spot. His is calcification from an injury...most likely a torn ACL and it does make his gait off but doesn't seem to cause pain, just some stiffness. Do you know why your girl retired?

Hopefully it's just an old injury and nothing else. Don't panic yet, but definitely have the vet take a look.

We have not been able to find Zoe's racing records. She was adopted when she was 4 and then returned and has been with me since she was 5. She now 9 1/2. So she must have been doing something from 0-4 years old. :dunno

We are resting today and the lump has gone down considerably. I have decided to call the vet if this does not continue to improve.

I was just looking through the American Greyhound Association book about Care of the Racing & Retired Greyhound (which a wonderful person by the name of Liz gave to me as a gift) and there is a pix of a greyhound with bone cancer and the lump looks just like Zoe's.

SO, we now have a Vet appointment at 12:45 tomorrow.......hopefully it is not the big "C" if not maybe she needs an anti-imflamatory med.

Guest Liz_in_PA
I was just looking through the American Greyhound Association book about Care of the Racing & Retired Greyhound (which a wonderful person by the name of Liz gave to me as a gift) and there is a pix of a greyhound with bone cancer and the lump looks just like Zoe's.

SO, we now have a Vet appointment at 12:45 tomorrow.......hopefully it is not the big "C" if not maybe she needs an anti-imflamatory med.

Wait a minute! Don't blame me! Stop looking at those gruesome pictures. :lol :lol :lol

I'm glad you're going to the vet so you'll feel better

As mentioned in earlier posts, the doc sez since Zoe's lump is growing smaller there is no need to worry about bone cancer at this time. The doc sent us home Deramaxx and a recheck/update on how she is doing in a week. :goodluck

I'm not jumping for joy yet.........but I definitely feel a lot better since the swelling is going down. She seems fine and happy but a little stiff in that leg.

Thanks again everyone!!!

Guest TBSFlame
As mentioned in earlier posts, the doc sez since Zoe's lump is growing smaller there is no need to worry about bone cancer at this time. The doc sent us home Deramaxx and a recheck/update on how she is doing in a week. :goodluck

I'm not jumping for joy yet.........but I definitely feel a lot better since the swelling is going down. She seems fine and happy but a little stiff in that leg.

Thanks again everyone!!!

Trust me. If it was bone cancer the swelling would not be getting smaller. It is unreal how fast osteo can grow (been through it twice). Hope Zoe is 100% soon.

Edited by TBSFlame