Is There A Traveling Acupuncturist In Central Nc?

Guest TaraCoachCougar

Guest TaraCoachCougar

Looking for an accupuncturist that isn't an hour and 15 minutes away. Also wasn't very impressed with the lady that was setting up our appointment. It was like get me in and get me out.

Where in NC are you? I have friends that work in the medical field in Charlotte that may have recommendations.

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

I took Coltrane to one in High Point. I know she does house calls, but I doubt she would go all the way to Salisbury. (Is Salisbury near Lexington?)

Edited by Saharasmom

Rebecca
with Atlas the borzoi, Luna the pyr, and Madison the cat, always missing Sahara(Flyin Tara Lyn) and Coltrane(Blue on By) the greyhounds

Try looking at this page to search for holistic vets that do acupuncture in NC

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Salisbury

I thought it might have been for you, but Ducky gave you some info. You are not to far from GFNC in Greensbror0, they are having an open house in October on the 24, maybe we can see you there?

Amy

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Guest FrostyBottoms

My chiropractor (for humans) has come to my house for me, and he offered to do acupuncture on Vinny for his allergies last year. It was late in the season, so Vinny didn't need it. Do you have someone you go to? If so, ask them if they will do it on your dog. If not, call around. I am sure you will find one.

We have used the accupuncture vet in High Point -- probably the same one as Saharasmom. You can contact the vet through Greensboro Veterinary Hospital on High Point Road, or directly at her number in High Point (the one in the directory that Macoduck listed). Vet's name is Katharine DeVore. House calls were helpful first for Baz and then for Scout. Sending good wishes for Cougar.

Edited by EllenEveBaz

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Guest TaraCoachCougar

Yes, Salisbury is close to Lexington. Salisbury is 5 miles down the interstate and Lexington is about 10 miles up the interstate from us. I would much rather drive to High Point than negotiate I-77 traffic in Charlotte. I wonder if we could find some place to meet in the middle.

Ellen - it's great to hear from you. I always thought you had a soft spot for Cougs!

Thanks everybody. Off to check out the list...

Guest TaraCoachCougar

The address listed for Dr. Devore is 49 minutes away according to mapquest. :)

Now, does anybody know if she has strictly an 8 to 5 Monday - Friday hours?

Thanks!

Dr. DeVore has contacted me on the weekends, but I'm not sure if she normally works them. If you call the Greensboro Vet Hospital mentioned above, they can give you her direct contact information. She really was a big help in managing Coltrane's incontinence. :)

Rebecca
with Atlas the borzoi, Luna the pyr, and Madison the cat, always missing Sahara(Flyin Tara Lyn) and Coltrane(Blue on By) the greyhounds

Ellen - it's great to hear from you. I always thought you had a soft spot for Cougs!
My secret crush is revealed! Hugs to Cougiebaby.

DeVore hours -- She's come to my house at 5 or 5:30, but our location would be on her way home from Greensboro. I prefer contacting her at the High Point number listed in the online directory, just because I think she does the accupuncture work on her own, not in association with Greensboro Veterinary Hospital. The High Point number is a separate line at her house, I think.

Scout's home visit costs were around $120 for a standard visit, but more for the first one. Besides the accupuncture, she served as a valuable source of veterinary research and holistic health suggestions for his many exotic ailments and dietary needs. I think she's the main reason he made it through his last 9-10 months. Next time, I won't wait as long to contact her.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

They lasted roughly an hour or more. She gives the dog time to check her out, then checks out the dog, asks you a lot of questions, feeds the dog biscuits while placing the needles. ... When the needles go in, they stay in for 10-15 minutes? Both Baz and Scout got so relaxed that they often just dozed while we were waiting. She uses a laser (other people have posted about that in GT) in areas where she thinks the dog may be too sensitive to want somebody messing around with needles. Although those are soft and flexible needles that don't hurt (yes, you know I had to try one).

Not like her to take too much time replying. However, if she's traveling (which seems to be frequently), she generally leaves a message saying so on the answering machine.

Edited by EllenEveBaz

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Guest TaraCoachCougar

I'll probably try her back tomorrow. Could be that my message got garbled or something. I also thought she may be away. I'd really like to get started as quickly as possible.