Deramaxx Vs ?

Norm (10) has been on 50 mgs since he came home to us, 3yrs ago and who knows how long before that. We tried cutting it down (with vets ok) to 25 mgs but he did move a little slower when we tried. Drs F&S is approx $2 a 100 mg pill. Cheaper then getting from vet and was cheapest online when last I searched. Is there anything comparable thats less expensive?

TIA

Edited by Holly

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

Guest Energy11

I like Deramaxx, and I think there are quite a few sites online for decent prices. Both Deramaxx and Rimadyl are basically the same type of medication, so whatever is more cost effective, and of course, works for your puppers ... Good Luck!

Guest MAXNAV

Deramaxx and metacam worked the best for my guys when needed. I did however, give glucosamine to my very arthritic guy and it was amazing how much better he was. I only used the anti-inflammatory when he really needed it, mainly in the really cold weather.

Guest longdogs

both Rimadyl and Metacam have cheaper generic equivalents - carprofen and meloxicam respectively. There are also (identical) human versions that can be cheaper than the veterinary equivalents. These drugs all do much the same job.

I have 3 I give glucosamine and MSM , with good results, I learned that at least 1500mg of glucosamine and 800 mgs, of MSM to be effictive, twice a day, of coarse it is not a prescription med, but it has worked great for us, and many vets carry their own brand of this

Guest MAXNAV

I actually used to get the Synovi MSM through my vet until I realized that I could get it on-line for almost 1/2 the price. Bye bye rip-off vet. :)

Patrick had problems with Rimadyl, so that's off the table. When I had to tell my vet we couldn't afford deramax on a 2x/day basis, she suggested tramadol. It's much cheaper since it's a human generic and can be bought at a pharmacy. He's taken it for 3-4 years now, not a single problem, although there are risks with any drug.

eta: we also give cosequine, full dosage for his weight. I didn't want to give that up because supposedly it's helping keep the situation from getting worse.

Edited by PatricksMom

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Patrick had problems with Rimadyl, so that's off the table. When I had to tell my vet we couldn't afford deramax on a 2x/day basis, she suggested tramadol. It's much cheaper since it's a human generic and can be bought at a pharmacy. He's taken it for 3-4 years now, not a single problem, although there are risks with any drug.

eta: we also give cosequine, full dosage for his weight. I didn't want to give that up because supposedly it's helping keep the situation from getting worse.

I'm surprised at this because Tramadol is a pain killer, Deramax is an anti inflammatory. I wish your vet would have recommended a more inexpensive option, like buying it online or switching to one of the others, I think Rimadyl is the cheaper in that class of drugs.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I get my MSM through Omaha Vaccine really cheap, and the glucosamine there too, I find the best for my money there,I have seen a BIG difference in my dogs with its use

Well, as Norm was on his last pills I went ahead and ordered from Drs F&S. $2.35 a tab. Of course the more you buy the cheaper it is but finances being what they are....

Then I realized I wouldnt have enough to get us through until the order came in so I got 10 from my vet. For $40.00. Yes. $40.00. For ten pills. Thats four dollars a pill................

<_<

Vet tech suggested something else she said was cheaper. Prevacox? Thoughts??

Dang good thing that boy is so lovable.

HollyDot_005.jpg

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

I'm surprised at this because Tramadol is a pain killer, Deramax is an anti inflammatory. I wish your vet would have recommended a more inexpensive option, like buying it online or switching to one of the others, I think Rimadyl is the cheaper in that class of drugs.

My vet does a lot of field testing for drug companies. They did a couple of blind studies of the effectiveness of Tramadol vs NSAIDS. I believe they had good success.

Ann

NewSiggy09b.jpg

I just got deramaxx for my foster for free

It was expired so they couldn't sell it so they gave it to me

They wanted me to buy rimadyl and I asked if there was something else- that's how I got this instead

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Guest longdogs

This seems odd to me too, unless only the pain-killing properties were needed.