Removing Medical Tape

What can I use to remove medical tape? I don't have any mineral oil but I do have regular vegetable oil. I guess WD40 is out of the question. :P

I removed the catheter from Gracie's leg and was able to get most of the tape off. There's just a 2" section hanging on. Looks like they shaved more hair off the front of the leg where the catheter was inserted than the backside of the leg.

Given the misery that she's gone through this week, I am not gonna yank on that tape. She hasn't fussed with it at all. I might just leave it be for a few days and see if it gets looser as the hair grows. If that side was as short as the front side it wouldn't have been a problem.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest Energy11

Adhesive remover. I have it in my first aid kit. You MIGHT be able to get it in a pharmacy, OR, definitely a surgical supply store.

How IS Miss Gracie today, Ducky?

You can either, get the adhesive remover in pre-moistned pads or a bottle.

Adhesive remover. I have it in my first aid kit. You MIGHT be able to get it in a pharmacy, OR, definitely a surgical supply store.

How IS Miss Gracie today, Ducky?

You can either, get the adhesive remover in pre-moistned pads or a bottle.

Gracie's OK, just OK. Still an occasional yelp but not nearly as bad. Only wants to go out to potty and has no interest in exploring the yard. Her face looks a bit better - not as pained looking.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest Energy11

Glad to hear she is improving ... Does your vet still want to try the Prednisone? She has been off the NSAIDS long enough now... Good Luck and lots of love!

Glad to hear she is improving ... Does your vet still want to try the Prednisone? She has been off the NSAIDS long enough now... Good Luck and lots of love!

Nope, no prednisone yet. He'd rather use that as a further down the road option. We'll see how it goes........

tiny hada siggy.png

I am such a chicken !! when Isis had minor surgery about a year ago to remove a fatty tumor near a milk gland she came on with a BIG WIDE piece of tape. Well, I honestly tried to remove it but couldn't stand the looks and the whining that said I was killing her ! so I left the vet tech be the baddie. I will remember the oils or the adhesive removers. I can be such a weenie at times !

Guest SoulsMom

When Soul had his entire foot wrapped (to remove a toenail) I just worked at it with a warm, wet washcloth. Took awhile, but it did the trick!

Olive oil got it off quick! :ding I rubbed the edge of the tape, then DH slowly pulled.

As it gave way I'd put a few more drops of olive oil where the sticky met the fur.

We muzzled Gracie just in case but she was fine. She says this now makes her Italian. :lol:

tiny hada siggy.png

:rofl

Glad you got it sorted out. Here we usually use corn oil.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Energy11
Olive oil got it off quick! :ding I rubbed the edge of the tape, then DH slowly pulled.

As it gave way I'd put a few more drops of olive oil where the sticky met the fur.

We muzzled Gracie just in case but she was fine. She says this now makes her Italian. :lol:

That is AWESOME NEWS!!!!!!!! A little Olive Oil is good for A LOT of things! :-))

Guest FullMetalFrank

Glad you got it off. Good idea with the muzzle, too; my big brat bit me when I pulled his hair removing tape once. Did not break the skin; but it hurt!

I didn't think to use that because she doesn't have corns. :rofl

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest Energy11

I didn't think to use that because she doesn't have corns. :rofl

You're a nut! ")))))