Crossed Fingers For Isis

Our Isis girl who is 9 1/2 has been panting off and on for about 3 weeks. I know a lot of it is the heat and humidity here plus age, not worried about that. She is a finicky eater but has always eaten with a little coaxing.

This morning she woke me up, you could tell she was restlesss. Took her outside and her BM was not the greatest but again, nothing too be concerned about. Would not eat breakfast at all. I had a feeling something was

not right when she refused her homemade chicken liver brownie. She loves her morning walks but have not done that lately due to the weather, so we thought we would cheer her up and take her and Thor to the park for

fhe walk while it was still cool. Well, she had a BM and it was obvious there was blood in it.

Off to the Vet and thank goodness there was an opening. Explained everything and gave them the "sample" from our walk. Vet said temperature 100.4 was fine, weight ok, heart and lungs sound good. They took blood and

will call later this afternoon with results. Sent her home with 4 days of Flagyl and no dinner tonight, chicken and rice tomarrow. Having lost 2 of our boys to osteo, you can imagine how worried I am. Please keep her in

your thoughts today that the news will be good. Thank you.

Linda

Linda,

Hoping that the medication will start Isis on the road to feeling better. Sherri had the same symptoms about a

month ago. I got her another round of Flagyl this week because her poop just wasn't back to what it was before

she got sick. They are now starting to look better. Please kiss that beautiful girl for me and keep us updated on

how she's doing.

Mary

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

sending prayers! :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Thank you all for the support I so badly needed. You might know I had the guys in the yard when the vet called. She left a message that all blood values were normal, a little dehydrated but blamed that on the heat. I didn't get a chance to talk with her as they close at noon. I wanted an idea about the blood in the stool but she didn't seem too concerned so I will continue keeping fingers crossed and give her the Flagyl (enough for 4 days) and hope it clears up. I know my girl is HUNGRY, she is giving me the evil eye since Thor gobbled up his dinner.

Mary, I hope that Sherri is doing alright, we'll have to compare notes one day.

Thanks again.