Remembering My Kitty Quinn

PrairieProf

One year ago tomorrow I had to put my beloved monster-man Quinn to sleep. I was very new to GT then and didn't feel ready to post about it, but I want to remember him publicly now. I adopted Quinn when he was about 10 months old, at the same time as my Carey cat. He was a unique, super-athletic, and very loving boy, with a perfect black nose and adorable black paw-pads (and a little white spot on his boy-parts). He did the most amazing 180-degree leaps in the air to catch toys, loved climbing to the highest places he could find, and loved snuggling with his mom. We would often go back to bed for a cuddle after breakfast, and he'd purr so hard . . . the lovin' was so intense I'd joke that we both needed a cigarette afterwards! :lol: When you went to give him a treat he'd grab your hand with both paws and pull it hard towards his mouth -- he was amazingly strong!

He wasn't showing any signs of aging at all when early last summer I found a lump under his jaw that turned out to be a lymph node metastasis from an aggressive nasal carcinoma. He had a good summer though, stayed active and happy and got to visit his grandparents in NY one more time . . . even on his last day he was still my purring sweet man. He'd just stopped eating and nothing would get him going again. :(

For a while I'd planned that someday when Quinn was gone, I'd get a greyhound (he seemed stressed by dogs, much more than Carey), but I never thought it would be so soon. I sometimes feel a little guilty, since I went to the kennel and fell in love with Beth and started planning to adopt her a few weeks before Quinn left . . . I knew he didn't have that much longer and it helped to have something to look forward to. But even though I am happy to have her I still miss Quinn every single day . . . I love you Mr. Q-Man-Chu, Quintessential, Quinkajou.

He was a very vocal boy:

Quinn2.jpg

Kitty roach:

05-15-08_1144.jpg

He loved getting slid around the floor in a box -- we called it his "boat rides":

Quinn8.jpg

On his last day -- still enjoying being petted:

finalQuinnshot.jpg

Edited by PrairieProf

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Quinn looks like a character and a beauty both. I can imagine how you miss him. Thanks for sharing about him. :grouphug

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Oh, Anne--I remember your struggle when we met; it was hard for us to reconcile our excitement for you discovering Beth and greyhounds, with knowing that her finding her home was linked to Quinn's passing. But seeing your commitment to him was a great boost to the confidence that yours is an A-class home for animals! I'm so glad you were able to share with us this celebration of your time with your "Quinkajou" (love that!).

:grouphug

Lisa
...sharing the journey with my best friend, Kevin, and our four greyhounds:
Littermates Sweetie* & Spicy (Possible Betsy, Possible Edna),

Moody* (Jr's Moody Man), and Dragon (Kiowa Dragonfire)

*Gone to wait for us at the Rainbow Bridge

Thanks Lisa . . . interesting to get your perspective on that. I was feeling so down about Quinn in early August, I thought a visit to QCGA just to see some hounds and talk to people would cheer me up . . . the rest is history. I do wish I had had more time with Quinn but I can't in any way un-wish having Beth!

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

I am very sorry. We have a Quinn also. They live in your heart forever. :grouphug

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Guest 3greysinPA

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved Quinn... he looked like a very fun kitty... and i am so sorry...

he resembles all of our cats that my mom and I had when i lived at home... we had outside cats ... well my mom did .. still does.. and they were always Black and White ... all black and white cats...sometimes we would find some homes and others we kept them all... so... there is a great love in my heart and always will be for black and white cats...

I'm sure your kitty Quinn ... is at the bridge playing with one of my very favorite cats from about 15 years ago.. 'Tom Cat'... he was one of my Favorites... and i am so sure they must be playing together... :paw:paw:heart