Nekkid Butts!

Guest RWM

Guest Meirowitz

Ok, no more Rogaine, transplants or comb-overs for me or my hounds! :blush What really works to grow real hair on those nekkid butts? :rolleyes:

Edited by Meirowitz

Guest BiancasMom

I would love to know the answer to this too! I recently bought "Docs Blend Hair of the Dog" because several people on here suggested it. I hope it works!

Ron Popeils' spray paint!

We need to act responsibly toward the plants and animals with whom we share the world, who have no voice, but whose presence make our world a blessed place.

"We call them dumb animals, and so they are, for they cannot tell us how they feel, but they do not suffer less because they have no words." Anna Sewell "Black Beauty" 1877

Bobbi, Rick, Reddy, Jenny, and Kat ...Bethel, CT.

Falcon, Romeo, Addie, Shiloh, Frosty, Stormy and Sunshine waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

Greyhound Rescue and Rehabilitation..Cross River, NY

Some greyhounds grow hair back on their butts, others don't. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. HOTD might work - even if it doesn't help re-grow hair, it's a very good supplement.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest Meirowitz

"There is a person on globalgreyhounds forum that sells a product that works."

OK, you have my attention! :eek What is this mystery product? Do you have a name or a link? This is serious! Ron Popeil is not an acceptable alternative! :)

Guest knitkass

Callay's came back after a couple of years of brushing with a curry comb, even over the bare butt. I think it stimulated the follicles?

No idea, she may have grown them back regardless.

Guest BatesieGreys

I :beatheart Daisy's nekkid butt! It's so adorable, and her nekkid tummy, and her nekkid neck, and her nekkid thighs (inside and a little on the outside). She's so CUTE! And if she grew fur I wouldn't have a matched pair anymore. Daisy is bald on the bottom and Dbf is bald on top!

(Edited because I can't spell my poor pup's name.)

Edited by BatesieGreys

Guest greybookends

Personally I think the bald butts are cute and patable. It doesn't bother me that Monty and Sheana are members of the Shiney Hiney Club. :)

Guest Greyt_dog_lover

I'm a guy, with two black beauties, they both have their bald patches, no biggie to me. My boy has a bunch of fuzz growing in, the only thing I give is fish oil pills daily from Trader Joes. You may try that, and if it doesnt help, the worst it will do is give your pup a great healthy shiny coat.

Chad

Guest Meirowitz

"Bald may not be synonymous with cute, but it certainly can be sexy!"

That's a relief! I just learned something! B)

Chad, I have my hounds on a raw food diet and give them plenty of salmon oil, flax seed oil, raw eggs, and vitamin supplements, not to mention the raw beef, chicken, lamb, duck, and turkey. They get a ton of omegas. However, I just started with raw. I agree that it might help in the "bald" department.

R.

Guest Meirowitz

"My Dad claims he's bald from too many U-turns under the sheets."

Well, this thread is certainly taking on some interesting dimensions ( :rolleyes: ), but other than Ron Popeil's elixir ( :( ), I haven't heard any suggestions for a product that really works. Let's put our thinking caps on! Maybe we'll stumble on something truly earthshaking!

Guest Dillymom

I give both of my girl's fish oil every day. Lola's butt hair grew back but Lucy has a shiney hiney and I love it...but then again my fiance is bald too so I guess I find bald attractive :D

Guest greyscot

I've had 2 greys with naked butts and this brought the hair back on both of them. Their coats improved no end so I can't praise this stuff enough. Downside is cost- it does not look that expensive but you use a lot of it. Thing is once the hair returns if you put them on fish oil capsules there is no relapse. This is a UK link but I'm sure if you Google the product you'll find it worldwide. By the way I used it more for skin problems so their growing butt hair was a bonus - I don't mind naked butts :blush

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/index.php?main_page...products_id=343

Nothing. Some regrow hair- some never do. My Teddy is one that never did and my Chloe- once on soloxine for her hypothroidism- did- somewhat.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest Meirowitz

Thanks, Greyscot. The product you recommend, Viacutan Plus, appears to be primarily marketed in the UK and is high in essential fatty acids. It appears to be effective for a variety of skin conditions and, to the extent that it may promote hair growth, that seems to be a bonus. I wonder if this product offers anything more than, say, raw salmon or flax seed oil? Are we really talking about products that are rich in Omega 3, 6 and 9 for the promotion of hair growth? Anyone?

Robin, did you ever try a product specifically for the promotion of hair growth, or were you using certain medicine for other purposes that had a side effect of promoting hair growth?

Edited by Meirowitz

Guest sja5032

There is a product for horses that is supposed to make hair grow back (intended for rubbed off spots & scars). I have never used it on a dog nor heard of it used on a dog, but if anyone has any idea what it is called it might be worth a shot. It is a topical gel and it worked well on the horses I saw it used on I just have no idea what the name is.

lexie had a big bald spot on her back and the dermatological vet said to use barlians fish oil. It is a liquid. I did and the bald spot was gone in a month. I gave a tsp at each meal. You have to get it at an organic store. It is like 10 bucks a bottle. it is epecially for animals. I don't know if it will work for butts but it sure grew hair back in her bald spot. gl

Lexie is gone but not forgotten.💜