Another Pup With Osteo

Guest Grhndad

I am so sorry to hear Lexie has cancer. Thank you for giving her a family to call her own while she goes through this. Hugs to you all!

Mom to Bella, Trinity, Cricket, DB, Dabber and Sidewinder
As well as Gizmo, Miles, Pumba, Leo, Toby, Sugar, Smokey, Molly, Jasmine, Axel, Billy, Maggie-Mae, Duncan, Sam (MH King 2019), Bambi, Stella, Bay and "Gerty the cat" at the Bridge

Guest greymama002

Sorry that your lovely Lexie has been struck by this horrible disease. May you have much quality time together. Many prayers for you :hope:candle

Lewis was only 7 when he was diagnosed....this miserable disease doesn't care about age. I chose the same plan for him as you are with Lexie. Meloxicam and Tramadol kept him comfortable. Don't be stingy with the Tramadol....it took me a while to get past that. I hope you have lots more time with your girl and it's all good. I'll keep her in my prayers.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Guest Grhndad

Wanted to give a quick update. We've got a handle on it now. I reduced her Tramadol dosage to 75 mg 3x a day with a dose of Metacam. She doing wonderful now. Now if I can just get her to slow down a little. She'll race into the beroom, pounce on and start playing with stuffies. If she goes into the yard with the other kids, she wants to play and starts play bowing and jumping around so I have to keep a sharp eye on her. Right now she is her normal loving and sweet self.

oh my gosh, i am sorry. lots of people here have gone through the same, unfortunately. my heart goes out to you. i read on an earlier post that racing greys have a higher incidence of this than the AKC greys. Why is this?

hugs to you,

tracy

2rqyqhd.jpg

I am so sorry to hear this. We adopted a 9 1/2 yr old we had fostered as a return. He was limping and went to the Vet, thought it was a sprain. His running partner also had a bump on his leg so he went along to have it checked out. Both had osteo. We pain managed our beautiful, handsome Nebby til it was time to let him go. Careful not to let him run too much or get bumped by the others. He stayed with us til after his 10th birthday and he did fine on the pain management. Clark was only 5, so osteo just doesn't care about age.

My prayers are with you, please give your beautiful grey a hug for me.

Guest ishapespace

Glad to hear her dosages are under control. The hardest part is keeping them from being so playful sometimes. When we got Dax and brought him to his foster home where he stayed until we finished the house, they had so much trouble keeping him from playing around. He had only broken his hock a few weeks before. It's hard to keep a barely 2 year old greyhound from playing, let alone a girl like Lexie! Good luck and keep us updated on her progress!