Something's Wrong With Thane

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad nothing showed up on the xray, but I guess that means more searching. Maybe it is just the heat. Hopefully, what your vet prescribed will help, and if it does it may be the spinal trouble he suspects. That would be much better and managable as opposed to the dreaded big C. You all have a happy birthday tomorrow. We alls will roo for you and Thane. :)

Not the heat. He's barely out in it long enough to do his pottying business. He ate some more food for me earlier. :)

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Photographic evidence of Thane's fart factory:

162_10008495_3_s0.jpg

As an xray tech I really liked looking at the images taken of Thane today. As his mom, I wish he didn't have to get these done. At least they didn't have to sedate him.

Oh, I not only see farts, I see future poop too. :P

Please excuse my odd sense of humor. After thinking he wouldn't make it through the weekend, I need to decompress a bit.

Sam had an ER visit last summer when he started peeing blood (early on a Sunday morning). They x-rayed Sam for stones, and the vet enjoyed pointing out that Sam really needed to poop...

(It was a UTI--but no stones.)

Glad Thane's plumbing is in good shape.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Hope he is feeling better! I can tell you this-IF he hurt his back it will do lots of odd things to him and will not show up on x-rays...I'm a pro in the bad back realm! LOL MSM may help him too. I'm a big fan of it. I'm on it and all my boys-horse included! :)

Feel better Thane!

Ducky is he eating? Will he at least eat rice?

He didn't want breakfast this morning, even though he had to be fasting. I fixed a small meal after he'd been home a while. I'd say he ate only 1/3 cup of kibble/yogurt/broth.

His small amount of poop was small, gooey, but formed.

He's been hanging out in his back bedroom hideaway (normal), but lifts his head and wags his tail each time I go to check on him.

The next time the vet and I can get together to talk about this (rather than 2nd hand from one of the other vets) is Wednesday.

Amy, can you handle a re-run mouse ears picture if he doesn't feel like wearing them on his birthday tomorrow?

Of course I can handle I a re-run I was not expecting him to wear them if the poor boy (Poor Thane) is does not feel like wearing them. It still makes me giggle. Tell Thane that Maddie is also not feeling well. She barfed :puke yesterday morning before I left to go to work. When I came home, I notice that she had barfed :puke 4 more times. (Poor Mads) She layed on her bed for a while last night and looked pathetic. she had rice last night and this am. she is a little more perky this am. But I think she knows that Thane is not feeling well either. SO Thane Get Better as Maddie KNOWS that you are not feeling well and she is not feeling well either.

Ducky give Thane a happy birthday kiss :b-day:kiss2 from us

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Thane is much better today, although his vet thinks it's because of the pain meds. We're just happy he is happier. And today is his 10th birthday...birthday thread here with lots of pictures of the birthday boy

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest multigrey

:b-day:b-day

Birthday greetings to a very special boy from all the hounds at Grey Haven!!

Stay well, Thane!! The best years are yet to come......!!