Article About A New Canine Cancer Pill

This is in our local paper today. Thought it would be of interest.

Article

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Guest HeatherDemps

Very cool. Dempsey's amputation and chemo were done at U of I. They have a fantastic staff there, including Dr. Garrett, and seem to always be doing cancer studies.

Guest Energy11

Article

I'd be interested in seeing what Dr. Couto and Company says about it ... does sound promising!

There has been some interest in trying Gleevec in osteosarcoma; as Palladia works by the same mechanism (it's a tyrosine kinase inhibitor), it may be of use in prolonging life with osteo in dogs, although that's theoretical.

The molecules aren't even similar in structure. It's not like they took Gleevec and stuck a different moiety on it. It's a very different structure, so saying they might have analogous results isn't accurate. But in the end, they both inhibit the same enzyme, so- maybe.

Coco (Maze Cocodrillo)

Minerva (Kid's Snipper)

Hopefully this will prove itself and we have another way to fight cancer in our pups.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Article

I'd be interested in seeing what Dr. Couto and Company says about it ... does sound promising!

Pretty sure Dr. Couto mentioned this at the Expo. He's waiting to get his samples & will be looking into how it works.

eta: Palladia is being marketed by Pfizer for treatment of mast cell cancer.

Edited by sweetdogs

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis