My Beautiful Iberia

Guest FullMetalFrank

Guest FullMetalFrank

I would ordinarily post this on the 10th; as that was the day he left us. But I will be in the hospital having my hysterectomy so I am putting it in early to make sure it's here.

My sweet boy...

Every year around this time, I get melancholy and restless and I wonder why for a minute, and then I remember that awful day and how I made such a stupid mistake and no amount of praying or crying or screaming could make it right again. I relive the sadness and emptiness and the guilt, oh, the terrible guilt. But then I remember that you loved us just like we love you and would not want me to be so sad; you'd want me to remember what a wonderful life we had together, short as it was. And how happy you made me; from day one when Rayetta brought you to my home and it became your home, too. You are still at home, Iberia; in the hearts of the people who loved you; especially right here in mine. I miss you; and even though you'd be an old man houndie if you were still here, I will always remember you like you were; how you lived to run and needed no excuse, your loyalty and protectiveness, your effortless greyhound beauty. You were my first but because of you there will always be a greyhound in my home; and always room for more in my heart. I love you and I know you are going to be there, waiting for me. Until we meet again, my beautiful boy....

Love,

Momma

Robbie,

I don't think a day goes by where I don't think about you and Iberia. I still remember reading the updates from the vet's office like it was yesterday. I think I can speak for all of us when I say that heartbroken we all were when he didn't make it. Having said that, I'm sure that, more than anything, he'd want you to be happy and to stop beating yourself up over that awful night. After such a long period of time where he and Frank were getting along, there was no no way in the world you ever could ever have predicted those events. You did all you could and you gave both Iberia and Frank so much love.

We all miss Iberia and I'm sure that he and Loca are hanging out together at the Bridge.

Much love from Phoenix and I

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

:grouphug

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

{{{{{{{{{{Robbie}}}}}}}}}}

Every time a cardinal sings, I think of your beloved Iberia.

Thinking of you and hoping things go well today especially.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.