Cherry Pits

Guest TheUnrulyHound

It wouldn't hurt.. I think I would just to be on the safe side, I don't know what cherry pits contain......

I don't really know... but I swallowed a whole cherry accidently yesterday and am not about to let anyone induce vomiting on me :P I probably would just watch him. He probably chewed them a bit at first anyway...

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Guest TheUnrulyHound

he will get over it :) better safe than sorry....you never know if something like that is toxic to dogs.... like onion, who would have thought?

oh yea and grapes! weird

These are from 3 different web sites:

Apple seeds, cherry pits, peach pits, pear pips, plums pits, and apricot pits contain cyanide, which is poisonous. While a few apple seeds may not cause a problem, the effects can accumulate over time if they are given to dogs regularly. Dogs should not be allowed to chew on a peach pit, cherry pit, apricot pit, or plum pit. Chewing can allow ingestion of cyanide. Chewing could also result in the pit being swallowed, causing continuous exposure to cyanide, or could cause the dog to choke.

A dog that weighs between 40 and 50 pounds could probably eat up to 100 fruit pits without any kind of reaction, veterinarians said, but the pit could be deadly if combined with a chemical or something from another plant or medicine.

CHERRY PITS - causes a variety of effects on your dog including respiratory distress like difficulty in breathing, coughing, and sneezing

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

:unsure Soo, maybe I should induce vomiting...

Guest TheUnrulyHound

I am pretty sure you will be ok Beth....especially if it was yesterday... it may not be "vomitable" :puke;)

Edited by TheUnrulyHound

:) Thanks Holly, I was just tryin to be funny :lol It hurt bad enough going down I don't want it to come back up. :P

Guest TheUnrulyHound

I thought you were but I didnt want to seem insensitive by replying jokingly :D you never know.......... :rolleyes:

quick!!! ARE YOU FEELING FAINT????

:lol

Seriously tho... Pam- how is Poodle?