Jamey's Results Are Inconclusive...

...it's so frustrating! The oncologist called that the biopsy results are inconclusive because the sample was on the small side, but they are leaning towards OSA. They would like to do another biopsy. I asked about the X-rays, how they could go from so thick that a fine needle aspirate needle could not penetrate the bone, to "egg shell thin" bone in 3 weeks, and what waiting another week might do if it were OSA. She did say that yes, something might happen there.

Their conclusion right now is that it is due to an old injury (we asked, he was not injured in his 6 training races), that it could be OSA, or it could be metastasized from cancer at another site. She keeps saying that it is just not at the "normal" place that OSA usually occurs. Well Jamey has not acted ill at all! Even now, a week post biopsy, he is acting his old, normal self. We are keeping him on the least to potty because the bone is egg shell thin.

So we are going to see the oncologist tomorrow (Tuesday) at 11 AM. Michael just wants a decision to be made, in our minds it is OSA and we want the leg amputated. I tend to agree with him, from what I have read.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this for us before tomorrow morning??

Thank you,

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

where is it? from what I understand it can show up anywhere, but is generally in the shoulder or ankle of the front legs or the knee in the back leg.

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest trevdog

If it's OSA, the bone can thin out very quickly....I'd also opt for more xrays of the lungs and such depending on what the oncologist says...

Sending prayers...

Send an email to OSU. I share your concerns about what you are hearing. You need to understand. OSU's Greyhound Health and Wellness team have been able to resolve discrepencies and resolve inconclusive results before. If you don't already have the contact info, it is at the bottom of my siggy.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.