Bath Breath

Guest lanielovesgreys

Guest lanielovesgreys

We give yearly dentals to Sol. He's never had an extraction and the vet always says his teeth are ok. He had his dental a month ago and his breath is already terrible. Is there something else I can do? He refuses greenies and other teeth brushing treats. Ideas?

Guest tumeria33

I agree with tbhounds. They make enzymatic toothpaste for dogs that come in flavors dogs like. You can use a regular toothbrush, but I like the finger brushes. I feel I get better control. Just start with a small area- like a tooth or two to get Sol used to it.

Guest lanielovesgreys

I've tried the brushing and it's the only thing he's really snappy about. Bares teeth, growls, snaps. It's the last place I want to put my fingers.

How do your hounds handle it? Did you have to train them into it?

Guest lanielovesgreys
i use biotene rinse.. put some on a paper towel and rub on gums..fresh breath and helps with the gums

I tried that, too. He just hates it. And I'm just not sure whether or not he'll bite. He gives me all the signals that he's about to.

i use biotene rinse.. put some on a paper towel and rub on gums..fresh breath and helps with the gums

I tried that, too. He just hates it. And I'm just not sure whether or not he'll bite. He gives me all the signals that he's about to.

I was going to suggest the Biotene as well, it worked right away for Misty and it really did help with her gums.

Do you think he would take better to it using soft gauze?

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

You can try Wysong's Dentatreat. It might help. It did help in the beginning with Lucy's mouth and still help's with Diesel's. You can sprinkle it on their food, or just let them lick it out of their bowl after they eat. I think this helps because it has longer contact on their teeth if you feed after they eat. I brush Diesel's teeth with it.

You need to find a toothpaste that he REALLY likes (mine love the chicken flavoured ones) then take it very slowly. First few days just let him lick a small amount from the tube a few times a day, then put some on your finger and let him lick it off, then put some on your finger and rub it on his gum etc etc. Eventually you should be able to progress to a finger brush and then a toothbrush, but the secret is to build up to it very gradually.

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Two of my girls have shown improvement after I started giving them C.E.T. Enzamatic Chews. The third one makes tartar like cement.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead