Joey: Possible Stomach Ulcer

Guest Mommydog

Guest bonscoby

Sending more good thoughts for Joey. You both need a real break from this....I wish the vet would hurry up and find something that works well.

Sending love and hugs to you both.

Thinking of Joey and hoping his stomach is resting quietly today.

Auntie Leslie

Edited by rycezmom

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest Mommydog

Well a much better day today, thank goodness! He seemed to have been OK through the night. Gwanee didn't leave him until after 1a.m and he was OK whilst she was there, and I was home just after 7a.m. And we're doing the same tonight. He hasn't had any of the horrible spasms today, and seems to have rested quite comfortably for most the day. He's been lying on his side, which I think is good, as when is tummy is hurting he'll only sphinx. And he's eaten all his meals fine, he actually seemed quite a bit brighter when I took them out to potty before I came to work. Anyway we're back to see Katie tomorrow, so we'll see what she says.

Thank you so much for your continued prayers and good wishes, they mean a lot :)

Guest Mommydog

Sorry I haven't updated, I've been working like fury on a cake that's needed for tomorrow. I just got so far behind with it what with Joey being ill. Anyway we saw Katie on Tuesday, and she's fairly certain it's an ulcer. The "playbowing" is apparently very symptomatic of an ulcer. Tuesday he had a really good day, however, yesterday he brought his breakfast back and just generally wasn't quite as bright as he had been. This morning he was a little sick, but it was something and nothing. Today he seems to have really brightened as the day as gone on, so much so that as we were getting ready to go out a while ago, he gave Jack a quick sharp nip and made him squeal. Jack has been taking liberties whilst he's been ill, and I guess Joey is starting to get his mojo back, and was just letting him know he's still the head honcho around here :lol

So until we go back to see Katie next Tuesday we're following the same regime of the meds and 4 small meals a day. Oh, and still spasm free :colgate

Guest Pipi5

Whew, that's great news. I've been watching for updates. I wasn't home last night & we were super busy at work, so I thought I'd check one more time before I got off of here. I'm so glad he's feeling better.

I told Pipi she couldn't come visit this weekend so Joey can have a weekend of rest. Please keep me posted. :beatheart

Fingers crossed for continued good news.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest bonscoby

Glad to hear the diagnosis is still the same....Come on Joey! We are all sending our best thoughts and wishes for a speedy tummy recovery....

Guest Pipi5

Any new updates, how's he doing. I know Pipi has been asking about him...I've been keeping both of you in my prayers, strength for you, wellness for him.

Guest Mommydog

Thank you all for your good thoughts and prayers, they obviously worked! :colgate We were back at the vets today, and she's really pleased with his progress. Joey is very much back to his normal self today, having a good old bark and wanting to chase cats :lol He hasn't had any bad pains in over a week now, and the last time he was sick was Sunday, but it was only a little bile. So we're continuing with the Antepsin and Zantac for a further week, then he finishes with the Antepsin and just stays on the Zantac for another 3 weeks. So we don't need to go back to see Katie for a month now, all being well :goodluck