More Good Thoughts Needed For Joey

Guest Mommydog

Guest Mommydog

Since Joe had a couple of teeth out last Thursday, he's been on soft food. In the last couple of days I've started giving him chews again, but only the flat quite soft variety. He's such a guzzler that last night he just gave it one chomp, then swallowed it! About 40 mins later he started looking as if he was going to throw up, but didn't. He also started doing a lot of stretching and looking generally miserable. This morning he was OK, but after he'd had his breakfast, again about 40 mins later the same thing started again. When I took him out, he really didn't want to walk, however, he did poo OK. So it was back to the vet again this afternoon, she thinks he's scraped his insides with the chew, as his tummy was quite sore. I have to starve him overnight, and go back again tomorrow. I really can't see that he would eaten anything foreign, he isn't the type of dog to do that. And when we're out he has his muzzle on and he's on the lead. So if you can spare anymore good thoughts for him we'd be grateful.

Thanks.

Guest Spencers_Greyt

I can always spare good thoughts and prayers for a Greyhound in need! I will definitely keep Joey in my thoughts and prayers!

Guest kydie

some times when a dog in under, the endo tube scrapes the trach. this causes the throat to be sore, soft foods for about 4 to 5 days will help, but your vet will tell you what they think

Guest poopsie1
some times when a dog in under, the endo tube scrapes the trach. this causes the throat to be sore, soft foods for about 4 to 5 days will help, but your vet will tell you what they think

Ditto. Poor Joey. Sending good thoughts and lotsa hugs.

Guest bonscoby

Joey......Stop making mommy crazy already!!!! You need to heal and start eating normally....Sending more hugs and smooches, but let's make this the last complication. Mommy needs a break!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Angie, you need a vacation!

Sending lots of good thoughts for Joey!!!!! :grouphug:hope:hope

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest Mommydog
Joey......Stop making mommy crazy already!!!! You need to heal and start eating normally....Sending more hugs and smooches, but let's make this the last complication. Mommy needs a break!!!!!! :rolleyes:

You ain't kidding Bonnie!

I just rung the vet again at 10.30pm. I wasn't happy with him, he's very lethargic and still doing the stretching on and off. The vet we saw this afternoon, well just let me say she's very young and perhaps a bit wet behind the ears still ? Anyway it was Gary I spoke to, Nisha had actually asked his opinion this afternoon (something which didn't exactly inspire confidence). So he was in the picture, anyway he thinks he's just in discomfort and will be alright until our appointment tomorrow afternoon. However, he said if there was any vomiting or retching to take him in first thing. But so far he's shown no sign of that. I took him a little way down the street just now, and he was walking much better, earlier today he was walking really slowly, and he's had another poo, which looked quite normal. I'm beginning to wonder if the Metacam has irritated his stomach, and it hasn't been apparent because he's been on bland, soft food anyway, then swallowing the chew has had far more effect than it otherwise would have done. It's very worrying I know that much! Your good thoughts are much appreciated.

he's just in discomfort and will be alright until our appointment tomorrow afternoon.

God, I hate that, and I sure hope he's not in discomfort that long!

Lots of good thoughts for your handsome boy

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest bonscoby

You ain't kidding Bonnie!

I just rung the vet again at 10.30pm. I wasn't happy with him, he's very lethargic and still doing the stretching on and off. The vet we saw this afternoon, well just let me say she's very young and perhaps a bit wet behind the ears still ? Anyway it was Gary I spoke to, Nisha had actually asked his opinion this afternoon (something which didn't exactly inspire confidence). So he was in the picture, anyway he thinks he's just in discomfort and will be alright until our appointment tomorrow afternoon. However, he said if there was any vomiting or retching to take him in first thing. But so far he's shown no sign of that. I took him a little way down the street just now, and he was walking much better, earlier today he was walking really slowly, and he's had another poo, which looked quite normal. I'm beginning to wonder if the Metacam has irritated his stomach, and it hasn't been apparent because he's been on bland, soft food anyway, then swallowing the chew has had far more effect than it otherwise would have done. It's very worrying I know that much! Your good thoughts are much appreciated.

My thoughts are with you and my fingers are crossed that tomorrow brings much much better news! Hugs to you both!!!