Update On Cheer

Guest ThreeGreys

Guest ThreeGreys

I had a biopsy done on Cheers mass on her jaw last week and I got the results back on Sunday and they came back as squamous cell carcinoma. I had my vet chat with the university of ohio greyhound health and wellness doctors and the next step is to do a fine needle aspiration of the mass to see if it has spread or just localized to the area. I'm either gonna take her to Ohio U, or Cornell to see someone in the oncology dept.

Anyone been through this? thoughts, ideas and prayers are greatly appreciated.

John & Cheer

I don't have any experience with this, but want to send prayers and white light to Cheer and hugs to you.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest Energy11

A good friend's grey had a mouth tumor... turned out to be Malignant Melanoma ... it was totally removed, and the dog is fine! :-)

Maybe a good idea just to get it removed, it possible?

Guest ThreeGreys

The vets thought is to do the fine needle aspiration of the lympth and make sure it did not spread. If it did not spread then surgery if it did chemo, etc.

I don't have any experience with greys and tumors of the mouth. But I know that basal cell carcinoma is the least hazardous cancer to get. Melanoma is the worst. Squamous is somewhere in the middle.

If it hasn't spread there is a terrific chance of a full recovery.

Guest 4baddogs

My dad's dog (a Beagle) had a really bad mouth tumor, on his lower jaw. He was only 5 years old and the vet said to put him to sleep because the tumor was too far advanced. My dad called my sister for a 2nd opinion and she said "Look, you have two options; you have a wonderful dog who's a family member. You can lose him now or you can take him to OSU and let them remove his bottom jaw. It'll be harder for you to adjust than it will be for him." So that's what he did. And Maxx lived for 12 more years, with only his top jaw and he was perfectly fine!

Lots and lots of prayers for Cheer!