Hello From Sahuarita, Arizona

Guest thelazygrey

Guest thelazygrey

Thought today would be a great day to finally say hello and introduce myself. I am Wanda and my husband Mike and I live in Sahuarita, AZ with our 8 greyhounds. Our home is filled with mostly greys that medically cannot find a home to fit into and they range from 1 year to 12.5 years old. I have been involved with greyhound rescue since 1993 when I adopted my first greyhound Lizzie. We usually have between 2 and 4 fosters in our home on any given day and there are many wonderful people here that have adopted my babies and I love reading about all their antics and seeing the wonderful pictures. Enough about me, just wanted to say Hi and once I learn how to post pictures, promise to share plenty.

Guest BlackandBrindle

Can I just say that Wanda, we love you and think you're awesome!!!! :D

Wanda was Sadie's foster mom and happens to be one of Spud's most favorite people on earth. The Lazy Grey is an awesome place to be, canine or human ;)

Guest TurnerMiller01

hi there,... and welcome to GreyTalk.. I am new here too...

but its nice to meet you...

and thank u for rescuing and taking great care of greys...

thank you

thank you

thank you.

:)

:bighug

Guest IrskasMom

Hello Wanda , Mike and the Gang :wave :wave :wave :wave This is downright awesome WELCOME :) :) :) :)

It's always wonderful to see very Compassionate People here . Thank you for Rescuing so many Hounds :) :) :)

Edited by IrskasMom

Greetings from Gainesville, Florida, and :welcome2 Wanda and Mike!

Thanks for all that you do to help the hounds, and we can't wait to see pics of them! :)

Oh, by the way, posting pics is easy. Do you have pics in photobucket? If not, open a free account and put your pics in photobucket.

Then, the 4th box under each of the pics says "IMG Code"--all you need to do is copy and paste the IMG code into your post in GT, and voila, there is your pic!

Let us know if you need any more help with this!

Edited by fsugrad

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Welcome to GT! :wave Had to look your city up on a map since it was a new one to me. :) Do you rescue greys from the Tucson track? Look forward to hearing some stories about your gang!

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Hello and welcome!! :wave You are GREYT people!! Bless you! :gh_bow

I also had to look up your location - I had never heard of Sahuarita, AZ :dunno

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

8-14-hound-siggy.jpg?gl=US

Living a GREYT life at the Hound Hacienda - Clarkdale, Arizona

Always missing our angel hounds; Parker, Lacey, Bella, Figgy, Macho, Aspen, Kingman and Tillie

Guest CaseynovasMom

Wow Wanda!

Sounds like you and Mike have both a handful and a houseful!! But what big hearts you have to take in so many pups in need of TLC. Can't wait to put some faces to the names. Welcome to GT! :welcome

• 4 weeks later...
Guest thelazygrey

Sometimes it takes me awhile to get back to things, but eventually I end up there!

In 2004 we sold our tiny little home in San Diego, CA where I was born and raised and headed for Arizona. I was one of a handful of people who started Greyhound Connection and passed it onto others who have kept it going since our move. We found this beautiful area called Sahuarita and got really lucky to find a greyhound friendly home on 4.12 acres. It takes me a good 45 minutes to drive into Tucson and that is just fine with me. I decided that going back into the daily work force was not something that interested me and it also did not allow me the freedom I was use to with fostering up to 4 greyhounds, so I started boarding greyhounds and it is just heaven on earth for me. I have the best of all worlds. I work with all the greyhound rescues here, arrange kitty testing and profiling for the dogs waiting in kennels at Tucson Greyhound Park, work with greyhound rescue groups in many different states to arrange hauls with the Tucson dogs and do hauls to Phoenix, Yuma and CA. The special needs greyhounds seem to always find there way to our home and become one of the family. There is a person on GT that many years ago showed me the beauty of these special needs greyhounds and all they had to offer and I live every day grateful for her knowledge and understanding that changed my life forever and the lives of more greyhounds than I can count. I am just now getting back to read all the wonderful greetings because one of the groups I work with had a return coming in and the family returned her to our home since they lived by us. She came in on 3 legs and they said she had jumped off the bed and injured her leg, turned out it was bone cancer. Sally was with us for about 3 weeks and could want for nothing. Her tail never stopped wagging, her kisses were the best and she just brightened the room when she entered. I helped her cross the bridge and she now is resting in our family room with all of the others who have called our place home. As sad as is it was, Sally was very happy here in that short time and that's what counts. So now that we have had time to rebound a bit, I look forward to being more interactive with posting.