Rosie

Guest GreyhoundMama

Guest GreyhoundMama

As some of you know, Steve's ten-year-old son Tyler only stays with us some of the time. The rest of the time he's with his mom in a neighboring town. They have a rhodesian ridgeback, a tri-colored, long haired chihuahua and several cats.

I just heard this morning that Rosie, the chi, died overnight. She was only four. Tyler's very sad, and although I've only really played with Rosie a few times, I'm heartbroken as well. She was one of those sweet, silly, wonderful dogs who just bring joy wherever they go. We've always said that if Rosie ever needed a home we would try to find a way to add her to our pack because we all love her.

She had been struggling with anemia, caused by an autoimmune disorder. They found a clot recently, and her little body kept filling with fluid, between her heart and lungs I think. Last night the vet took her home to keep an eye on her and to drain the fluid every couple hours. Still, she just didn't make it.

Tyler was supposed to be with us last night and stayed with his mom as they awaited news of Rosie's condition. Needless to say he's a pretty sad little boy today. I took him bowling with my niece and nephew after lunch today to try to take his mind off it a bit.

They plan a ceremony this weekend, where they will plant a rose bush for little Rosie, in their backyard.

So, please say a prayer for sweet, little Rosie at the bridge.

I'm so sorry for Tyler. That would be really hard. And such a young girl. Tragic.

Please send my sympathy to Tyler. I have a 10 year old, too, and can imagine how sad he would be if his cat died. Poor kid.

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

I'm sorry Tyler and his family lost their small friend. Planting a rosebush for her is a sweet way to honor her -- she will be associated with the most beautiful things forever.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest cindysmom

Poor Tyler and Rosie. My deepest sympathies to him and his family. I love the rose bush idea. A thing of beauty lasts forever...

I am so sorry. :( Godspeed Rosie. :f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Poor Tyler and Rosie. Having a way for him to say goodby is good though.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.