It's About Time

Guest Nitemare

Guest Nitemare

In April, 2008, our house was very sad as we had lost our 6 1/2 year old part golden retriever part labrador retriever to what I don't want to talk about.

Besides the sadness dh and I were experiencing, my now 15 year old border collie looked like this.

Please meet my precious boy Duncan.

Duncan.jpg

Dh said he couldn't do this anymore and I didn't say a word. About a week later I said, ya know w/out us there will always be at least one more pup w/out a home. dh said nothing.

To make a long story short. On June 20, 2008 my most regal, beautiful, handsome male came to his forever home.

Please meet the magnificently marvelous Marvin (aka Movin' Like Dad).

Marvin.jpg

A couple months later . . .

dh: Should I take the crate down?

me: No

dh: what are you thinking?

me: well, Duncan is happy and I am happy for that, I really think that Marv is missing his foster sisters and she's just a little thing and would fit right in and you know I won't be completely happy until he is happy.

dh: ok

me :eek

On August 30, 2008 my beautiful little instigator and cuddler came to her forever home.

Introducing, the gorgeous little Miss Dazher (aka Che Mar Dazher).

dazher.jpg

My house is now happy and complete.

Thanks for sharing!

Guest greymama002
:welcome Congratulations on your absolutely stunning new family members! Can't wait to hear more about them (& see more pictures, of course)

Beautiful pups! I am partial to black males, myself. Sounds like DH is well-trained, too! :lol Welcome from Maryland.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Greetings from Gainesville, Florida!! You will absolutely love GT...it's the best! :welcome2

Marvin and Dazher are gorgeous!!

And when I saw Marvin's pic, the look on his face and his body type so reminded me of my big red brindle boy Toby--weird I know--so I checked on Greyhound-data, and sure enough, Marvin and Toby are half brothers...their dad is the famous Kiowa Sweet Trey! :)

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Welcome...love the pics and stories...thanks for sharing

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest Nitemare

Thank you all. This is a wonderful network of people and hounds. I was really starting to feel like a peeping tom as I got to know so much and didn't share (bad bad me). Well, not anymore!!!

Beautiful pups! I am partial to black males, myself. Sounds like DH is well-trained, too! Welcome from Maryland

He is!!

Welcome from Virginia. Beautiful houndies and a dog-lovin hubby is truly, definitely a keeper!

He is!!

Thanks again

Guest houndstooth4

They're all gorgeous, but I especially love the smile on your little girl's face! What a doll!

:welcome: