Sagan - Our New Addition (nyc)

Guest Maddyr24

Guest Maddyr24

Hello everyone!

We (Maddy and Jeff) adopted Sagan from the National Greyhound Adoption Program in Philadelphia (www.ngap.org) a little over 2 weeks ago…and is he wonderful! Sagan (formerly known as Darren) is a red, 4.5 yr old bounce – who finally found his forever home.

In the short time he has been with us, he has shown an incredible ability to acclimate and finally has two parents that adore him and shower him with attention, food, and grooming :rolleyes: . Sagan was reportedly returned because of severe separation anxiety and food aggression. However, as of today, he has been trained out of his SA (doesn’t even whimper when we are gone) and has never displayed food aggression with us. He is a spastic, happy dog and we are glad to have him.

Having found no record of his racing stats, we are not sure where he is from or what kind of history he has had. What we do know is that he is extremely friendly with people (LOVES attention), loves to play and looks great in a snood :).

I'm totally pumped to be on this forum - I have lots of questions and will, hopefully at some point, be able to help a new owner with all I've learned.

We are in the midst of starting a meet-up group in NYC - All greyhound owners in New York are welcome to join! If you are based in the city, send me a message!

Thanks everyone and we look forward to chatting soon!

Maddy, Jeff and Sagan.

Guest UESBrindle

:welcome2

Hi Maddy, Jeff, and Sagan! -- Welcome again :D So glad we got to see you guys already!

Also, as a fellow NYC-er, not sure if you've seen or not, but CBS will be featuring greyhounds at 59th and 5th next Tuesday if you want Sagan to get his 15 min's of fame! I think Rob will try and go with William. (more info is under "Everything Greyhound" if you guys are free!)

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Hi and Welcome from Arizona! Sagan sounds like a perfect PR dog. Talk with your adoption group to see if they do meet 'n greets with their hounds.

Welcome from LI. I'm sure we will see you at some of our meet and greets. We look forward to it.

How about some pictures?

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Hello from Kerry, Merlin and... Sagan, whom we've had for 6 months. :) :) :)

And I suppose I ought to say - three cheers for Carl Sagan! :D I never in a million years (or should I say billlllllions and billllllions of years? :lol:) thought anyone else would pick that name, but I am delighted you did!

Welcome to GT! :welcome2

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

:welcome2 from Wisconsin. Sagen sounds like a joy.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

• 2 weeks later...
:wave Welcome from Tampa, Congratulations with the new addition!

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter