Gsod For No Clear Reason

I know a vet visit is in order, but I need some insights.

Coco just let out the GSOD shortly after mealtime; it sounded like a fight, but nobody was hurt. He's uninjured, and ate some more- greedily- after I gave him the once-over twice, and found nothing.

The only thing that's unusual is that in the past two days, there have been two incidents where he made this keening whine that I've not heard before. The first time (Monday), he had a small injury to his lower eyelid with some blood. No injury to the eye, and it was quite small; by the next day, it was nearly gone- but there was the same deal: this keening, whining noise that quickly went away. The eye was much better, certainly not enough to cause discomfort.

Today- the eye injury is all but completely resolved, but a MUCH larger fuss for no apparent reason. It was just after (a very late) breakfast; the other two were kind of shortly after mealtime as well.

Any thoughts?

Coco (Maze Cocodrillo)

Minerva (Kid's Snipper)

I'm now thinking he and Minerva got in a tussle. I haven't specifically checked his teeth today, but we feed raw and they're immaculate- which isn't to say one might not be cracked, so I'll have to check for that.

The GSOD was preceded by a tussle, I think- it was just 10 feet off to my left- and there was what looked like a wet spot on the back of his head. I'm now leaning more towards the GSOD being separate from the eye problem of the previous two days.

But just for reference- how long is the onset of pain from eating with pancreatitis?

Coco (Maze Cocodrillo)

Minerva (Kid's Snipper)

I'm now thinking he and Minerva got in a tussle. I haven't specifically checked his teeth today, but we feed raw and they're immaculate- which isn't to say one might not be cracked, so I'll have to check for that.

The GSOD was preceded by a tussle, I think- it was just 10 feet off to my left- and there was what looked like a wet spot on the back of his head. I'm now leaning more towards the GSOD being separate from the eye problem of the previous two days.

But just for reference- how long is the onset of pain from eating with pancreatitis?

I've only had one experience with pancreatitis and he wouldn't eat. I think that gets painful pretty quickly

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Don't think pancreatitis hurts while/moments after eating.

You can check the teeth you can't see well by seeing how he does with a bone or hard biscuit.

Could also be neck, shoulder, front foot. Front feet are easy to check -- you know the drill there, flashlight, in between the toes, bottom of pads, toenails, the works :) .

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

My boy has been known to let out the GSOD when one of his tougher female housemates decided to correct some bad behavior of his. The girls didn't hurt him--but they scared him enough that he yelled. I think it was the greyhound equivalent of crying, "Uncle!" (It happened once with Oreo, then once with Jacey.)

He also has had occasional muscle cramps in his legs (hasn't happened for years, though). He once woke me at 2am with a scream, but in this case he was half-sitting/half-standing in my bed and just stood there frozen and screaming. I grabbed him and tipped him onto his side. That seemed to release the strain on the cramped muscle, and he just gave a little whimper, rolled over, and went back to sleep.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)